Chapter Twenty-One.

Kharter

I struggled to open my eyes and was greeted by a television being on. My head is throbbing, where am I? I was in someone else's bed, wearing completely different clothes then the ones I had on earlier.

"Glad to see you're up," someone said as they came from the bathroom.

"What's going on? Who are you?"

"I'm surprised you don't remember who I am. I mean I did give you the night of your life," he smirked as he looked me straight into my eyes.

Those hazel eyes seem way too familiar.

"Demetrius?"

"In the flesh," he chuckled.

I moved my body further away from him while he looked me up and down with those hazel eyes with lust.

"How did you find me?"

I managed to stammer out and he just chuckled.

"You were on my mind ever since that night and seeing you on T.V. with all them celebrities just made me want to find you even more."

"Please just let me go, I promise o didn't tell anyone what happened that night-"

"Oh, love. Even though that night was memorable, I don't care if you told anyone or not. I mean you looked good then, but you gotten so damn sexy, ma."

He looked at my body and I just felt so violated, the same feeling I got when he looked at me at the night of the party.

"Man, I should call my homeboys and tell them about this , but I want you to myself this time."

I flinched when I saw his arm raise but he simply reached over me and grabbed the remote to the television. He placed the remote beside me with a cup of water and Advil on the night stand.

"Enjoy your stay, ma."

He kissed my forehead and left the room. If he thought I was going to just let use me and do whatever he want with me, he got me messed up. I slowly rose up from the bed, seeing that I was still dizzy from whatever hit me in my head. There has to be a phone in here somewhere. I looked everywhere and found nothing. This nigga literally was prepared to hold a sista hostage. I sat back on the bed and sighed.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

Dominique

"You said who? You talking about that girl from you guys graduation night? How you get that to your crib?"

I overheard Rico's conversation with one of his friends. Rico is so lowkey, even when we were together, I never actually met his friends. When I'll ask him about it, he'll just hit me with the same line: "I don't have friends." I just rolled my eyes and headed upstairs. I walked into the room thag carried the baby things that Rico and I purchased. I don't understand Rico at all, says one thing but does the other. Like yesterday with the Keisha drama, he said he didn't want nothing to do with me basically, but this morning, he's crawling back to me. Myles would never do something like this to me. My mind has been heavily on Myles, like he has not tried to get in contact with me at all. He just dropped me like we wasn't supposed to get married in a couple of weeks. Yeah, I did him wrong by messing around Rico but we all make mistakes right? I'm pretty sure him and Kharter had a thing going on, which made me harbor a bit of hate and jealousy towards my own cousin. Here she have this perfect life in New York, but come down here just to mess up mine. I was interrupted out of my thoughts by the bedroom door opening.

"Nique, you alright?"

Rico asked he came closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking."

"About?"

"My life, my unborn child's life, a little of everything."

"Alright then, well I'm about to go see my homeboy real quick. So, you think you can be good by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine Rico," I chuckled.

Rico pulled me into a uncomfortable side hug before he left me in the room. I heard the front door close and watched through the window as I saw his car drive away. I walked downstairs and picked up the house phone and held it to my chest. I haven't heard his voice so long, will he even answer? My fingers shook as I started to dial his number on the phone. I held the phone to my hear as I heard it ring for a bit until he answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Myles, its Nique."

Myles

Did I just hear that correctly?

"Nique?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"What do you want?"

"What you mean what I want? I mean last time I saw you, you left me in a hospital. You didn't even come back for me."

"Well, if you must know, after I left your hospital room, I got into a really bad accident. Been in a coma and you want to come at me sideways? I know you were released from the hospital a while back, but you didn't call to check up on me."

"Myles, you could've called and I would have been there. How was I supposed to know you was in a coma?"

"You were my fiancé, Nique! Oh and don't think I didn't know about the drugs and infidelity either."

"Were?"

"Yes, were. As in this engagement is way past over and so is what we going on. Sell the ring, do whatever you want to it, just don't call my phone ever again."

I heard the line click and tears threatened to fall from eyes. With all this going on and my pregnancy, my emotions had been all over the place. I fiddled with the engagement ring on my hand and frowned. I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved with Myles, I knew from the moment we met that this guy was way too good for me.

October 26, 2013

Here I sat on the sidewalk, balling my eyes out. I have absolutely no place to live. After figuring out about I might be pregnant by my drug dealing boyfriend, my mother kicked me out of the house. I told Rico about it and he just blew me off while he continued to whatever he was doing with the multiple females inside.

"Ma'm, are you okay?"

I looked up to see a guy,who looked around my age, with a concerned look on his face.

"Just leave me the hell alone, alright?

I responded, hoping he'll leave since I'm being so rude to someone who just asked if I was fine or not.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why a beautiful young lady like you is sitting here, crying on the sidewalk."

He sat beside me on and the sidewalk and handed me his jacket and a Kleenex.

"Here you go," he smiled at me as he wrapped the jacket around me.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I wiped my eyes.

"Myles," he stated as he held his hand out.

"Dominique," I responded as I shook his hand back.

"Go on and tell me everything," he smiled at me.

"It's a long story," I told him as I wiped my eyes once again.

"I got all night."

Present Day

I chuckled as I thought of that night where I met one of the most amazing men this world can offer.

How could I be so stupid?

when the creative juices was coming thru last night ❤❤