Chapter Nineteen

November 27, 2015

Kharter

Still no word from Dominique and I'm actually worried. Even though our relationship isn't what it used to be, she's still my cousin and all. Also it's pretty shady for Dominique to just go AWOL when her fiance is in this predicament. After hearing the news that Myles woke up, it felt great to know he was slowly making progress. I lightly knocked on the hospital door and heard someone say come in. I opened the door and walked inside.

"Look who's here Myles," Ms.Aretha smiled as she looked at Myles.

I gave Myles a small wave and a smile.

"Hey Myles."

He gave me a faint smile as I pulled the teddy bear from behind my back.

"This is for you," I chuckled as I placed it by his bed.

"That's sweet of you, Kharter," Ms. Aretha smiled.

"Thank you, you're not doing any Black Friday shopping today?"

"Oh heaven's no, I don't want to have to put these works to anybody's child today," she laughed as she held up her fists.

"Ms. Aretha, you are a mess. What the doctors say about Myles and all?"

"Waking up from the coma was a big step already, so they just trying to see what's going with his speech and all. One step at a time I guess."

"You know that ain't nothing but God there."

"Yes sweetheart, see I like you. You're a lot better than that little girl. What's that thang called again?"

She looked up as like she was trying to think and I just chuckled at Ms.Aretha's crazy antics.

"Well, I need to get going. I got some orders I need to do," she said as she rose from her seat. She kissed Myles' forehead and said a couple of words I didn't really hear. She walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Thank you so much Kharter," she said as she pulled away from the hug.

She walked out of the room and it was just me and Myles.

Dominique

I sat on Rico's couch, just watching T.V. while I rubbed my once flat stomach. I heard the door unlock and I turned to see Rico standing there.

"Hey babe," he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Where have you been all night?"

"Minding my own business, any more questions?"

"I'm sorry, I was just worried about you."

"You don't have to worry about me, sweetheart. It's just me and my homeboy Demetrius hanging out."

"Well okay, I'm sorry I-"

"It's fine, love. Hey, I picked out some clothes for the baby," he,said as he picked up a bag. He handed me the bag and I started to look inside. It was diapers, bottles, formula, a couple small things needed for the baby.

"Aww, thank you so much," I pulled him into a hug.

"You're welcome, you going to tell your family about the baby?"

"My family? So they can judge me more than they should have? Nah, I'm good."

"Did you, uhm sniffed anything today," he mumbled to me.

"Nahh, I'm having a couple of withdrawals though. Like the sweating, twitching, and vomiting but I'll live."

"Alright, I just wanted to make sure the baby safe and all."

"Look at you, being protective and all," I chuckled at him.

"You cooking tonight?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Wassup?"

"I got to run some errands tonight, and I was kind of expecting dinner to be made when I get back?"

"Sure, I got you," I reassured him as he went back upstairs.

I was about to walk into a kitchen until I heard banging on the front door. I was about to look through the peephole but was pushed out of the way as Rico came back downstairs.

"Rico, I know your trifling ass in there!"

I heard a female say from the other side of the door.

"Nigga, I hear you and whatever hoe you got in there too!"

There was nothing a silence and all you could hear our breathing.

"Okay, you wanna play that game? DHR finna be so far up in your ass about your FOUR kids! Matter of fact, make it FIVE cause I'm pregnant again!"

We heard the sound of heels clicking away but that stopped when we heard the glass of the window shatter. Rico walked over to the window to see what it was and it was rock with the words:

Love, Keisha ❤

He muttered some words and I looked at him with confusion.

"You care explaining that to me?"

"Explain what?"

"Why some girl saying she got four of your kids and how she got another one on the way, then throwing rocks in our house-"

"Our house? Last time I checked I pay the bills here and you only live here temporarily until you have that baby of yours."

"Wow, so all those promises of us getting married and having a happy family didn't mean anything, huh?"

"Nique, I'm pretty sure that's what all niggas say when they trying to fu-"

"That's all I am to you? Some girl you can call up when you horny or something?"

"Well, yeah. I mean I wasn't expecting for it to get this far, you being pregnant and all."

"Who was that girl then?"

"Uhm, my fiancé," he mumbled as he looked down.

"Your fiancé? So, we was just cheating on our fiancés huh?"

"Technically, I wasn't cheating on my fiancé until you came into the picture, soo...."

"I think it's just best if I leave-"

"Leave? Where exactly you going to go? Live with your fiancé? Cause you know that's long over, I bet he got some girl over his house right now."

My eyes welled up with tears and I ran to the upstairs bathroom. After locking the door, I fell down crying as my body slowly hit the floor.

What did I get myself into?

Myles

"I hate you can't talk back to me, although it does has some advantages though," Kharter joked as she sat on my bed. I smiled at her joke and Kharter laid her head on my shoulder. She picked up the remote and I glanced over at her as she changed from ESPN.

"I'm sorry Myles, but ESPN was getting boring," she chuckled as she landed on the Real Husbands on Hollywood. My eyes laid on her once again as she laughed at the T.V., admiring her beauty.

Lol yall thought Nique was just gonna live happily ever after? Ain't no happiness bih ☺ lol . Sorry for the late update tho . Kharter in MM .