Chapter Twenty-Two.

Kharter

I woke up from my nap, hearing talking coming from downstairs. From what it sounded like, it was Demetrius and another guy. I put my ear to the door to eavesdrop on their conversation a little bit.

"So, that's the girl from eight years ago?"

"That ain't no girl my nigga, that's a woman. A woman I'm going to get into tonight," I heard Demetrius chuckle.

As if, I thought to myself as I continued to listen.

"Well, can I at least see her?"

"Yeah, she's up there sleep, so make it quick nigga."

The moment I heard footsteps upstairs, I rushed back into the bed and turned my back to the door. I hear the door creak open and took all my might not to see on who it was.

"Damn, Demetrius didn't do you any justice," he mumbled under his breath.

I can't wait to get out of here, I thought as I rolled my eyes. He was about to look into my face until Demetrius yelled his name. He left from around the bed and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Omniscient

Rico came back downstairs, still in awe on how beautiful the girl has grown up to be.

"Wow, D. She definitely looks different from eight years ago," Rico commented as he gave Demetrius a pat on the back. Never will Demetrius tell him that he had to kidnap her in order to get her in his grasp.

"I know right? She looked for me everywhere, I guess that one night wasn't enough," Demetrius boasted.

Rico just knew that Demetrius was obviously lying, but hey who's to tell Demetrius that he's wrong?

"Alright man, well good luck on that," Rico stated as he gave Demetrius some dap.

"No luck needed bruh," Demetrius commented as Rico started to leave.

Rico left Demetrius' house and hopped into his car. He remembers that graduation night like it was yesterday.

May 22, 2007

Rico was in the park, currently waiting on his friend, Demetrius. Demetrius called him up a couple hours ago and said he was bringing a girl. Rico waited near the tree until he saw the headlights from the car. Demetrius parked his car and walked over to Rico.

"Why you bring her?" Rico asked referring to the girl who looked around seventeen years old and scared out of her mind.

"Cause me, you, and a couple of our homeboys are finna have a piece of that," he smirked as he pointed near the door.

"Bruh, I'm not finna do that. Leave me out of all that," Rico stated as he saw the fear in the girl's eyes.

"See, I knew yo punk ass wasn't going to do it."

"Exactly, so why-"

"Because I brought this," he smirked as he held a gun near my side.

Even though I feared my safety, I wasn't going to show it.

"Chill with that gun man," I told him as I looked into his eyes.

"Don't tell me to chill. I won't hesitate to blow some rounds in yo' ass either," he spat as he roughly put the gun away, "now help me get this broad out the car."

I walked behind Demetrius closely as we walked to the passenger side of his car. He opened the door and we grabbed the girl out the car. She wasn't going down without a fight either. We finally managed to get her to a secluded part of the park. Some of Demetrius' friends that must've been hiding around the park came over to us. Once we had the girl down, she rose up and tried to run. One of Demetrius' friends pushed her down into the ground and Demetrius started to get on top of her. I wasn't going to participate in this, so I simply just looked away as Demetrius and his friends had their way with the poor girl.

Present Day

Ever since that night, I held so much guilt. I should have done something. Why didn't I?

Myles

Hours were slowly passing and still no word from Kharter. According to the police, we must wait 24 hours in order for her to be considered missing. Here I sat in this hospital bed, unable to help someone I love. The door opened and it was one of the nurses.

"Hello Mr.Anderson, you feeling alright?"

She asked as she did her usual stuff to make sure I was fine.

"Nah, not really."

"Would you like to talk about it? I'm a very good listener," she smiled.

"I'm good, I just need some time to myself."

"Well Mr. Anderson, don't worry. God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. You'll get through this," she encouraged me as she got up to leave.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

She left out the room and I was left with my thoughts once again.

November 29, 2015

Kharter

"Rise and shine sweetheart," I heard Demetrius chuckle as he approached the bed.

In his hand, he had a breakfast tray with pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit, and some juice. He placed the tray in front of me as I straightened my body.

"You look so beautiful in the morning," he smiled at me. He tried to touch my face, but I jerked my face away. A hint of irritation was written on his face as he looked at me.

"Go ahead and eat your breakfast my maid, Rosa made for you."

"I'm not eating that."

"Come on, babe. You must want me to feed to you huh?" He chuckled as he held the fork with some eggs on it.

I didn't see anything funny as I glared at him with my arms folded.

"I'm not eating that," I stated again with a more stern tone.

"Look, I'm trying to be patient with you. We can do this the easy way or the hard way-"

"What do you want from me, huh? Like didn't take enough from me that night? Why can't you just let me go?"

His face held a confusing expression, was he trying to suppress the anger that apparently I was causing?

"Eat your food. If I come back and see you haven't eaten, it will not be pretty," he gritted through his teeth. He got up from the bed and walked out of the room. I glanced at the food and heard my stomach growl. I said a quick prayer and took a bite of the food.

Kharter in MM