Chapter Twenty.

November 28, 2015

Kharter

"Another one! Ain't that what that boy DJ Kali say?"

My dad yelled as Alabama scored another touchdown. We are currently watching the Iron Bowl and with Alabama being in the lead, my dad was out his seat.

"Dad, sit down. You guys haven't did anything and it's DJ Khaled, not DJ Kali," my brother chuckled.

My father and I are Alabama fans, while my brother and my mother are Auburn fans, a house divided you might say.

"They don't want you to win football games," I told my brother and he just laughed.

"Congratulations, you just played yourself," my brother replied. We laughed at each other, just repeating DJ Khaled while our parents got into a mini arguement.

"Michael, it's still early in the game," my mom commented.

"We taking the win this year!" My father yelped as he pointed to the television screen.

I laughed at my family until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at the caller ID and it was Ms.Aretha. I answered the phone and heard hustling in the background.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kharter, how are you sweetheart?"

"I'm good, how about you?"

"I'm fine, I actually have some news."

"I'm listening."

"I got a call earlier today from the hospital and-"

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's good. Myles actually said a few words."

"Oh my gosh, really? What he say?"

"Where's Kharter?" she said trying to imitate Myles' deep voice.

"Oh my, I'm going to go visit him right now."

"Yeah, his father and I are up here right now watching the Iron Bowl with him. It'll be nice for you to visit,"

"Well, I'll be up there in a few."

"Alright sweetheart, see you in a bit."

She hung up and I smiled to myself, thanking God that Myles is making an amazing recovery.

Omniscient

Demetrius sat patiently waiting for her to leave the house. After hearing the front door open and seeing her walk out the door, he lowly turned the car on and examined her body. Kharter did not look like the same Kharter from eight years ago. She gained some weight alright, but gained it all the right places. She wasn't the little naive 17 year old, whose body him and his homeboys experienced years back, she was a grown woman.

I can't wait to get into that.

He thought as he examined her body with lust as she got into into her car. Kharter pulled out of the driveway and Demetrius made sure to follow close behind. How he might have find her? After hearing through his homeboys that Kharter was back in town, he's been tracing her moves ever since.

Kharter had this strange feeling that someone has been following her but every time she'll look in the rear view mirror, no car was seen. She ignored the feeling and continued to drive to the hospital Myles reside. After driving for about 35 minutes, Kharter finally arrived at UAB and searched for a parking spot. Seeing that there wasn't open parking spaces closer to the building, Kharter sighed and pulled into the parking deck. She paid to enter the deck and drove around a parking spot. After finally finding one, she pulled her car into the parking spot and turned the car off. As she got out of her car with her cell phone in one hand and Myles' gift in one hand, she started to walk towards the elevators that led to the hospital.

Demetrius followed behind Kharter slowly. He moved so quietly, you wouldn't even know his presence was near unless he acknowledged it. When Demetrius believed the two were a good distance from anyone hearing, he pulled her body into his and pressed the tip of his blade into the arch of her back.

"Say anything and I won't hesitate to kill you," he mumbled into her ear.

"Please, let me go. I'll give you anything, just-"

"Didn't I say don't speak?"

He told her as he pressed the blade a little harder into her back. He heard her whimper and he knew he had her where he wanted her: terrified. He directed them back to his car, but when he reached to open to the back seat, Kharter managed to get out of his grasp. She ran as far as she can, screaming for help. Her screams were silenced as her head came in contact with a butt of a gun. Kharter fell unconscious on the concrete of the parking deck and Demetrius wiped the sweat from his brow.

She wasn't this resistant the first time.

He managed to pick her body up and placed her body in the backseat of his car. Demetrius hopped into the driver's side and smirked at his accomplished task. He pulled out of the parking deck, running over Kharter's phone in the process.

Myles

My mother sighed again as she placed her phone back again in her pocket.

"Ma, everything's alright?"

"I'm worried, I think something's wrong with Kharter."

I tried to raise my body but it was brought back down by the soreness in my body.

"Maybe we need to call the police."

"I'm going to call her parents and see if she left the house yet."

She walked out of the room and my heart monitor was showing that my heart rate was going up.

"Son, calm down. We don't need any problems," my father reassured me as he came closer to me.

"Dad, I just hope she's safe. I already failed protecting her once, I don't want to fail her again."

"Son, don't blame this on yourself. What do you mean you failed protecting her once?"

"Me being the stupid teenage boy I was, I wasn't there for her when she needed it most. Graduation night, she was raped by five guys and I didn't even believe her."

"Son, did she forgive you?"

I nodded my head and my dad started to rub her back.

"Well son, you have to forgive yourself. Stop harboring so much guilt and-"

"It's hard, Pops. I caused her so much pain and she didn't deserve it. It's hard not to feel guilty."

My father was about to respond but was interrupted by my mother opening the door with a worried look on her face.

"Is everything alright, Aretha?"

"No, we need to call the police. Kharter has been gone since the first quarter of the game."

My heart dropped after those words and I felt the tears forming at my eyes.

Lord, please let Kharter be safe.

Yall remember Demetrius? Read chapters 4 &" 5 for a refresher . Myles in MM .