Chapter Twelve.

Myles

November 18, 2015

I felt the bed dip and looked to see Dominique sitting there. Her back was facing me while she watched T.V.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I said as I got up from bed and tried kissed her forehead. She jerked her body away from me and scowled at me.

"What's wrong with you?" I said I as tried to pull her body towards me.

"How did cake tasting go?"

"It was ight, I didn't like any of the flavors they had. They-"

"So, you took my cousin along to do my fiance duties?"

"What? Nique-"

"How could you be so stupid Myles? I ask you to do one thing, not throw cakes around. And why was Kharter with you anyways, huh? Are you that shady to cheat on me with my cousin?" she said as she started to hit my chest and was putting her fingers all in my face.

"First, don't put your hands on me Nique. I have never laid my hands on you, so I expect you to do the same. I'm sorry that I didn't do what you wanted me to do. I love you too much to cheat and I don't see Kharter that way. Kharter and I are friends, nothing more."

"It's kind of hard to believe that Myles."

"Why you say that?"

"You're spending so much time with her and I know you ate dinner with her family and all that night you said you were going to your parents' house."

"My mother wasn't cooking dinner, she just wanted to see Kyla. Plus I needed to talk to Kharter anyways. Her family is like a second family to me and they invited me to have dinner with them."

"What exactly did y'all need to talk about?"

"That is none of your business Nique."

"It is my business if it involves my fiance!"

"Graduation night, Kharter was raped by FIVE guys. If I was there to help my best friend, none of that would have happened. I held so much guilt and regret, I had to get it off my chest."

"Her whore ass probably asked for it,"Dominique mumbled.

"What did you just say?!" I yelled as I looked at her.

"Everyone knows she a ho and-"

"Dominique, please just shut the hell up. How could you disrespect your own family and- Nique, why is your nose bleeding?"

Nique ran away from me to the bathroom and I followed behind her.

"Nique, what's up with you? You just been acting strange lately and-"

"Just leave Myles, it's not like you care about me."

"Nique, don't even say that. If I didn't care about you, I wouldn't be standing here trying to make sure you're alright. Even though we fuss and fight, I ain't gone stop loving you."

Dominique

"I'm so sorry, Myles," I cried as I ran to him. I cried in his chest and felt him rubbing my back.

"Its okay Nique, I know you're dealing with all this stress, but we'll get through it together," he whispered as he kissed my forehead. I smirked at myself as I realized that I got him right where I wanted him.

Kharter

"Ma, why are we shopping so early?"

My momma looked at me as if I had two heads.