Chapter Twenty-Three

Myles

Kharter's parents, my parents, and a police officer sat in my hospital room as we talked about Kharter.

"Mr.Anderson, do you know anyone that might have a problem with Kharter?"

The officer asked me as he pulled out his notepad.

Graduation night began to fill my mind and my father must have sensed my uneasiness because he gave me a head nod, as a sign to proceed to tell the officer what happened.

"There's this one guy named Demetrius Thomas. On our graduation night, him and a couple of his friends raped Kharter," I sighed.

I heard a gasp from Kharter's mother and Kharter's father cleared his throat.

"Demetrius Thomas? That's a common name in law enforcement. He's been let off so many times, we can definitely lock him up for this," the officer reassured us.

"Do you have a specific time on when you can find him?" Ms.Aretha asked.

"It's actually hard to track. Every time he's let off, he pretty much goes AWOL. So, we're going to try our best to find him as soon as possible."

"He has any friends that can help us find him?"

"Well, we need to do some search in our records. I guess you can say he's independent in some way. Never has acquaintances or anything of that nature."

"Well, is there some things that we can do to help?"

"Many people hang up signs, post on social media, etc."

"My husband and I will definitely hang some signs around town. Myles will post something on Facebook or whatever he gets on."

"Alright, make sure to include the number of the police department on whatever you guys plan on doing."

"Yes sir, we will. Thank you for everything."

"We'll do everything in our power to find Kharter," the officer reassured us before he walked out of the room.

"Well, we ought to get going. Start making those signs," Kharter's father said as they stood up to leave.

"Alright, we're praying. You guys be safe," my mother told them as they said their goodbyes.

They left the room and it was just my parents and me.

Kharter

"I see you finished your food," Demetrius smiled as he walked into my room. He picked up the tray and put it to the side.

"Did you find the food delicious?"

"Yep," I mumbled, focusing my attention back on the T.V.

"You look so beautiful in the morning," he said as he started to rub my thigh.

"I've been told," I sighed as I rolled my eyes and tried to remove his hand off me.

"You gone learn to stop rolling your eyes at me like I'm a punk."

"Cause that's what you are! A punk who kidnaps women that don't want nothing to do with their ass!"

I stood up from the bed and he stood up as well, towering over me a bit.

I was silenced by a slap in my face and I was livid. First you kidnap me, then think it's acceptable to put your hands on me? He got me all the way messed up. I rose my hand and slapped him across his cheek. He must have been surprised that I actually put my hands on him because he looked at me with a shocked expression on his face.

"You thought it was going to be easy, huh?" I chuckled as I wiped the drop of blood that tried to trickle from my lip. He left from the room and I sat back on the bed, smirking. I flipped through the channels until I landed on Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta.

Dominique

I can't believe Rico actually dragged me here. Here I sat in this small ass church with his four bad ass kids. Since Rico was too lazy to do something, I had to call his crazy baby mama Keisha to compromise for Rico to see his kids. I don't know why he brought us to this judgemental church, knowing good and well that both of us is living in some pretty deep sin. All four of his kids act like they have no home training at all. The older women in the church would look back at us and just sneer or scoff in disgust.

"Daddy, when we going to go home?" his daughter yelped.

She was stepping all over my feet and I was trying my absolute best not to choke this little girl. His twin boys kept throwing their small action figures at each other, crying each time one of them get hit. His oldest son is a little more quiet than the others, but you could tell his ass is just a little kleptomaniac. I swear that little boy stole $10 out of my purse too. Honestly I was just ready to go: my back is killing me, these kids about to make me pull my hair out, and this church smells like a nursing home. I glanced at Rico and he just nodded his head as the preacher preached, more like whispered. The preacher was an elderly man, who looks like he could drop dead at any moment. Church finally ended and everyone dispersed around the church.

"Can I get the keys please?"

"You good?"

"My back is killing me, I just need to rest for a bit."

"Oh okay, I'll be out in a minute. Take the kids with you," he told me as he gave me the keys.

I rolled my eyes and mumbled a few words.

"Come on kids," I said as I waved for them to follow me.

"But I wanna stay with Daddy!" his daughter whined and I just rubbed my forehead. This little girl has been irking my nerves.

"Just go with Ms. Nique alright? We can go to the park after this."

"Okay Daddy," she smiled at him. He gave her a kiss on the forehead and she slipped her hand into mine. We walked to the truck and I unlocked the doors. I put the key in the igniton and turned the air on. The radio softly played and the kids were pretty quiet in the backseat. I sighed and laid my head on the headrest. As I was about to close my eyes, I heard a yell.

"Give me my doll back, Quanico!"

"Say sorry for hitting me and I will!"

"Ms.Nique! Ms.Nique! Ms.Nique!"
She started to kick my seat as she yelled my name.

"What?!"

"Tell Quanico to give me my doll back!"

"Quanico, give your sister her doll back."

"You don't tell me what to do," Quanico sneered back.

"Look little boy, my patience is running really thin with you bad ass kids."

"You acting like we happy to see your ugly self. My mama says you ain't nothing but a charity case. A booty call gone wrong."

Before I could even respond back, the driver's door opened and Rico came in. He started the car up and looked at us.

"Yall good?"

The kids nodded with those michevious smiles on their faces and I just rolled my eyes.

"Wassup with you?"

"I'm just tired, that's all," I mumbled as I laid my head on my headrest and closed my eyes.

Rico's kids are a mess lol , but if you need a refresher on Keisha, just refer back to Chapter 19 😊. Myles in MM.