Chapter Eight.

Myles

We drove in silence while I was deep in thought. Kharter is just so beautiful and that dress she was wearing had a brother barely paying attention in church. I was interrupted out of my thoughts by Kyla calling my name.

"Yes love?"

"Is Miss. Kharter the one you told me about in your stories?"

"Yep, that's her."

"I like her Daddy. You think she can be my new mommy?"

"New mommy? You only talked to her twice Ky."

"I know, but she's soo pretty and soo nice. She reminds me of Grandma."

"Well, you'll definitely be seeing her again."

"Really?! No more Miss. Dominique?"

"Hey, I didn't say that now. Miss. Kharter and I are just working on our friendship."

"Oh," she mumbled before she folded her arms and pouted.

We pulled up in the driveway and headed inside after I parked.

"Nique?"

Dominique

"Nique?"

I heard as I shot up from Rico's hold so quick. Rico looked at me puzzled.

"You have to go Rico!"

"What, why?"

"My fiance is back and-"

"Man, whatever. Call me when you gonna stop playing games."

He was about to walk out the bedroom door, but I stopped him.

"Hide in the closet just-"

"Hide in closet? I ain't R.Kelly."

"Nique?"

I heard as Myles came closer to the bedroom door. The door was locked, so that give me a little time. He tried to open the door, but it realized it was locked.

"Come on, Rico. Just get in the closet," I whispered to him.

He sucked his teeth and walked inside my small walk-in closet. I closed the door once he was in and I walked to open the bedroom door. I unlocked it and he looked at me in confusion.

"You alright? You never really lock the door," he said as he glanced around the room.

"Yeah, you just kind of caught me off guard when I heard the front door open."

"Oh, I'm sorry babe. I didn't mean to scare you. You cooking tonight?"

"Uhm, nah. You in the mood for pizza?"

"Not really, well Kyla and I finna head out in a few."

"What? Wait, where you going?"

"To my mom's, she wanted us to come over after church. I told her I was gonna come if you didn't feel like cooking or anything.

"What? Myles, you can't be telling your mom that."

"Why?"

"Then she'll think I'm not good enough for you or doing my duties as a soon-to-be wife."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you-"

"Just go ahead and go, Myles. Just forget all about me," I mumbled as I folded my arms.

"Forget about you? What are you talking about?"

"You already had your mind made up, so just leave. I'll be here by MYSELF eating pizza," I said as I sat on the bed, rolling my eyes.