Chapter Thirteen.

Kharter

November 21, 2015

"Kharter, stop moving," Leia stated as she continued to pluck my eyebrows.

"I'm not moving," I groaned as she plucked another one.

"Its not my fault, your eyebrows too damn thick," Leia complained.

She finally finished and I looked at myself through the mirror.

"Leia, you slayed my makeup. Thanks girl," I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"Now come on, let's help you into your outfit,"she replied as she broke the hug.

Tonight I was going on a date with RaShad and I had to admit I was pretty nervous. As we we're walking to my room, I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I looked at the screen and it showed Myles was calling me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Wassup Kharter, you been avoiding me?"

"Nah, I just been busy that's all."

"Busy enough that you can't return nobody's calls?"

"Myles, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just need to talk to somebody and you're not here."

"Myles, I'm sorry I wasn't there. But-"

I heard the line click and I just scoffed in disbelief. Did he just hang up on me?

"Kharter wassup?" Leia asked me as I sat on the bed and folded my arms.

"Myles, coming at me like he crazy. I'm sorry we haven't talked in a few days, but I've been busy," I ranted thinking about Myles.

"Well, don't let Myles' childish ways ruin your night. You're going on a date tonight with a man, a fine man I might add," she said as she helped me pull my jumper on. After I finished putting my clothes on, Leia took the rollers out my head and started combing out.

"Finished," she stated as she put the comb down.

I stood up from the bed and looked in my full body mirror. I looked pretty nice, thanks to Leia.

"Come on, we gotta take some pics for the gram!"

Leia exclaimed as she picked my phone up and I started to pose.

"Yasss bihh! You betta!"

She encouraged as I continued to pose. We were interrupted out of our little photoshoot by the door bell.

"I'll go get it," Leia said as she got up and headed downstairs.

I looked at the mirror and smiled. After taking one quick selfie, I headed downstairs. I walked downstairs and saw Leia and RaShad smiling at me.

"She looks beautiful, right?"

Leia asked RaShad as he continued to stare at me, with his mouth slightly opened. She nudged and knocked him out his daze.

"Uh-umm, these are for you," he stammered as he pulled out some roses from behind his back.

"Thank you," I smiled at him as I accepted the roses from him.

"I'll take those," Leia said as I handed the roses to her.

I walked closer to RaShad and he held his hand out, offering me to take his hand. I slowly slid my hand in his and his touch felt amazing. Leia wished us good luck and RaShad walked me to his car.

"Nice ride," I commented as we walked to the passenger side of his Porsche.

"Thanks, gotta ride in style," he replied as he opened the passenger door for me. After I got in and was situated, he closed the passenger door. He slightly jogged to driver's side and started up the car. He pulled out my driveway and started to fumble with the dial on the radio. Maxwell's Pretty Wings started to play and I just hummed to the beat.

"What you know about Maxwell?"

RaShad joked as he took a glance at me.

"More than you ever know," I smiled.

We drove for about fifteen minutes until we pulled up at Red Lobster. He pulled up into a parking spot and stopped the car. He opened the passenger door and escorted me to the entrance.

"Hello, may I ask how many are dining?"

The hostess smiled as she greeted us at the entrance.

"Party of two, please," RaShad stated.

"Follow me," she replied as she started walking.

We followed the hostess as she sat us down in a booth. I sat down while RaShad sat across from me.

"You look amazing by the way," RaShad commented.

"Thank you, you don't look half bad yourself," I replied as I analyzed RaShad one more time.

"Thank you."

"Hello, I'm Loren. I will be your waitress tonight. May I start you off with some drinks?" A waitress asked as she approached the table.

"I'll take a water," I told her as she wrote it down.

"I'll have a Dr.Pepper, please," RaShad said.

She nodded and walked away from the table.

Myles

I sat in the living room with a bowl of popcorn as I watched Kharter's favorite movie, The Notebook.

Don't judge.

Kyla was with my parents while Dominique was at work. I wasn't really watching the movie now thinking about it, my eyes landed on a piece of paper on the coffee table. I picked it up and it was a letter, obviously written by Kyla.

To Miss. Carter

I chuckled at how she spelled  Kharter's name and continued to read.

My teacher told us to write down what we are thankful for. I'm thankful for you Miss.Carter. your so nice and pretty. your clothes are pretty too. Daddy may not say this but I no he thinks about you. He always smile when he say your name. I wish you were my mommy.

My mind registered back to the day when Kyla kept asking me how to spell all these words. Kharter has been on my mind constantly, I don't know what it is about her. From the way she talks, her smile, her beautiful voice when sounds when she sings, her curves, all of her.

I think I love her.