Chapter Sixteen.

Dominique

November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving was in a couple of days, so sadly to say I had to do the shopping. I spent most of my money, my selection of food was small. I grabbed a buggy and started to look around in Walmart. My hands were fidgety and I was breaking out into a sweat.

I just need to find a bathroom.

I knew I could possibly be having withdrawal, although it's only been two days. I finally found a bathroom and stormed inside. I went into a stall and locked the door. I dug through my small black purse, searching for the bag Rico gave me. My fingers finally came in contact with the bag and I pulled it out of the purse.

Just one sniff, Nique.

One sniff turned into two until I kept sniffing and sniffing until there was no more. My body shook uncontrollably as I fell to the bathroom floor. This has never happened before, what did Rico put in there? I heard footsteps and saw someone look into my stall.

"Ma'm, are you alright?"

The stranger asked before I felt myself passing out.

Myles

I called Nique one more time and it went straight to voice mail. She left for the store hours ago and still hasn't returned. I called once again and some stranger answered on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Myles Anderson?"

"Yes, I am Myles Anderson."

"I'm Nurse Sophia Michaels, here at Shelby Baptist. We have recently taken in someone who you seem rather close with."

My heart dropped as I knew who they were talking about.

"Uhm, what happened?"

"It seems Ms. Turner had a drug overdose. Is it possible for you to come right now?"

"Yes, I'm on my way."

I hung up and swiftly grabbed some clothes to put on. I called Kharter, hoping she would answer.

"Hellooo?"

She sung as she answered the phone.

"Kharter, I'm coming to pick you up."

"Why, wassup?"

"Dominique, she's in the hospital."

"What? What happened?"

"I'll tell you, just be ready in a couple of minutes."

"Okay."

I hung up and grabbed my keys to the car. I locked the door of the the house and got in the car. I pulled out of the driveway and started driving towards Kharter's house. I got there in about 5 minutes, I was going 70 in a 45 speed limit. I blew the horn and Kharter walked outside. Kharter had on something simple, but she looked beautiful. I would compliment her right now, but my mind was on Dominique. Kharter hopped in the car and buckled her seat belt as we pulled out of her driveway. 10 minutes later, we finally pulled up at the hospital. I found a parking spot and we started jogging towards the hospital. I went to the receptionist and she smiled up at me.

"How can I help you?"

"I'm looking for which room my fiance is in."

"Fiance? Oh you're engaged?"

She asked as she leaned closer, trying to display her cleavage.

"Ma'm, tell us which room is fiance is in please," Kharter interjected.