Chapter Fourteen.

Kharter

"So, how's the Big Apple?"

RaShad asked me as he took a bit of his lobster.

"Its good, can get a bit lonely at times. Anyways, how's Miami?"

"Its going pretty good, our season is going good and all."

"Oh my God! You're RaShad Piker!I'm such a fan," I heard a little boy yelp as he stopped by our table.

"Thank you."

"Mom, can you take a picture of us real quick?"

They posed for a picture while the mother took it.

"You have good night, man," RaShad said as the boy and his mother walked off.

"Does that happen often?

"Pretty much," he chuckled.

"May I ask you something?"

"Sure. Wassup?"

"Why didn't you speak to me in high school?"

"I know this may sound crazy, but I was scared to."

"Scared?"

"Kharter, I mean you were beautiful, smart, and sweet. Half of those girls didn't have anything on you."

"Wow, I didn't know you felt that way."

"Yeah, sorry for admitting it so late," he chuckled nervously.

We finished our food and RaShad paid for our dinner, then we left Red Lobster.

"Next stop?"

I asked as he opened the door once for me again.

"That's a surprise," he replied as he got into the driver's seat.

Dominique

I sniffed up the last of the white substance and just laid my head back. I was definitely high as kite with Rico right beside me. I was interrupted out of daydreaming by my phone slightly vibrating. I looked at my phone screen and it was a text from Myles:

Myles

Hey Nique, just checking on you.

Guilt immediately rushed over me and I started to lose my high. I guess Rico must have noticed because he nudged my shoulder and looked over at me.

"Whats wrong, babe?"

"Its Myles, like he doesn't deserve this or me."

I tried to stand up but was brought back down by Rico.

"No, Myles don't deserve you. I mean you sexy, feisty, all that good stuff."

"So, what you're saying is that I should cancel off the whole engagement?"

"Nahh, I'm not saying that but weigh out your options. I mean you get a whole lot of stuff when you're engaged and all from people. Sell those stuff, get more of this,'" he whispered as he held up the bag that once held the cocaine.

"You're a genius, you know that right?"

"Nahh, it's probably just my high talking, " he chuckled.

I decided to text back Myles:

Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for checking.

Kharter

"I had a really great time tonight," I told him as we stood at my doorstep.