Chapter 8:

So you guys are hecka mad at me for making her try to kill her self, right?

Well I think this might make up for it. 

Chapter 8: 

Cody helped me to the bed in the spare bedroom. I sat down on it as quickly as I could, the towel still wrapped around me.  

Not daring to leave me alone for a minute, Cody walked over to the dresser, seeing if anyone left any clothes in there.  I tried to close the drawer calmly, but failed and walked to the closet. I sat and watched, feeling my self fading fast. I lied down, closing my eyes most of the way so I knew I wouldn't fall asleep.  

"Here," Cody said. I sat up slowly with his help. He was holding a shirt that looked like it would be way to big on me.  "I found this in the closet." 

I slipped it on, feeling pain in my arms. it was so big on me that it was nearly falling off. It ended at my mid-thigh. All of a sudden I got extremely thirsty. "Cody?" I said, my voice quiet and weak. 

"Yes?" 

"I need water."  

He sighed after a long moment, as if debating whether it was safe to leave me alone or not. "I'll be right back." He said getting up. "Don't move." 

I seemed like forever until he got back, but it was mostly likely just a few seconds. He clutched a few watter bottles and sat down next to me. He opened one, and handed it to me. I lifted up to my lips, and I took a small sip, being that's about how long my arm wanted to hold it. Cody silently helped me drink, taking small sips.

After two bottles of watter, I crawled slowly back to the pillows, lying down on it. My chest ached, along with everything else.  Cody was at my side at all times.  I slowly and weakly wiggled under the covers. I let myself fall into the pillows and soon I was asleep. 

I woke up early that morning. You'd think for a person that's recovering form self-drowning, you'd want to sleep allot more. I turned my head to look at Cody. I was a little startled at the fact that his eyes  were open. "Cody?" I said quietly. He seemed like he was in deep thought. 

He blinked. "Yes, Angel?" 

Did he just call me Angel? It's been along time since he called me that. Plus I don't really think he should. "Have you been awake all night?" I asked, noticing how tried his eyes looked. 

"You really think I would risk sleeping?" 

I didn't say anything, knowing what he meant. 

"I mean, think about it. The girl you love tried to kill herself and you don't know if she would try again, and you think I should've slept?"

His tone of voice made me feel bad, but I guess I deserved it. He was sitting up now and he still hadn't looked at me. There was a long silence before I spoke. "Are you mad at me?" My voice came out allot quieter the I hoped. 

He didn't reply for a few moments, and when he did his voice was soft. "I'm mad that you think your life is an annoyance to me, to us. That you think you have no place in the world. And what about Doug? I thought you cared about him. From what I hear you are his only hope, and you tried to take that away from him?

"I don't think that." I said in the worlds smallest voice.

"Then what do you think? What were you thinking? Because it's the only thing I could think of as why you did it." His voice was rising. 

"I don't know what I was thinking, I'm sorry, okay? And you should be too. Did you ever the that maybe I don't enjoy being alive? Being hunted down and tortured by the only mother I've ever known?" now my voice was rising. He was silent. "Some of us don't just have a life full of unicorns and surf broads, Cody. Some of us have had a rough life. Do you even know what true hunger feels like? To not know if your ever going to again? to think oh my God, I'll never  see the light of day again! And don't even bother with the whole 'being famous is rough and hard' crap. You know what's really hard? Trying to live for a year off of twenty dollars your lame excuse for a mother left on the counter on every Christmas. To wonder why and how your there? And why nobody seems to care about you?"