Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The drive home was quiet. No talking, no JT songs, nothing but the hum of the wheels on the road. I was terrified. I couldn't even bring myself to imagine what will happen. I need Doug. He'd know what to do.

"Cody?" I asked him in a small voice.

"Yes, Angel?" He glanced over at me.

"Where do you think Doug is?"

He didn't say anything for a few moments. 'Probably some where with the she-devil." 

No duh I thought to myself. Thanks for the help captain obvious. I couldn't be angry with him though. I know for sure that this isn't his idea of a 'fun Friday night'. I'm still waiting for the part of my story where he dumps me fore some fake eye-candy girl and I wake up and realize it's all been a dream. The privacy of my hands protected by the warm fuzziness of my sweater, was quickly violated by Cody. He'd leaned over and  grabbed my hand, reassuringly rubbing my thumb. I smiled and looked over at him.

"Do you want to tell them?" He asked randomly.

"What?"

"Do you want to tell them or do you want me to?"

"Oh, um..."

"Or we could just not ell them. But mom already knows, and Alli will squeeze it out of one of us."

"Maybe you should tell them. I think I've seen enough sad faces for today." 

He nodded.

We turned on to the street of our house.

"When we home you don't have to talk to anyone, okay? You can just go up to your room if you want." He said.

"Okay. I don't really wanna talk to anyone right now." 

"That's fine. But pack."

"Pack for what?"

"Tonight. Were leaving." 

"We are?"

"Don't say anything about it, okay?"

"So were just going to take off in the middle of the night?" 

He didn't say anything. 

"Where are we going anyway?" 

"Nevada." 

Cody gave my hand one last squeeze before I went towards the stairs. He gave me time to get most of the way up before shouting that we were back so I could hide in my room. 

I barely got my door closed before I heard the foot steps of the curious residents. I went to my closet and pulled out a large bag and began throwing some clothes in. 

                                              CODY'S P.O.V.

Alli's face appeared from the stairs above. She smiled and ran down them, almost falling on her face. Jake, Tom, Mom and Dad followed more graciously. 

I stood behind the couch waiting for them all. Alli flung her self at the couch, resting her arms on the back staring me down. "Where's Lexi?"

"In her room. She has a headache."  I lied.

"Well what happened?! Spit it out already I'm dying here!"

I had no idea how to word this, so I boldly said it. "Lexi can't have kids."

I'm not sure if anything has ever been more awkward. 

Alli's eyes widen. Tom just sits there with a blank stare. And Jake and dad just have sympathetic looks. Mom tries her best to look like it's shocking news.