Chapter 27

Stephanie's POV
Is James crazy!I can't go to the cops about my dad. I know that what he's doing isn't right,but he's the only parent me and Sophie have, and I can't let him go. He may be doing some bad things but it's just a phase. He'll get over it eventually,hopefully...
'No way!I'm not going to go to the cops about my dad!'I shout at James,but for some reason he doesn't seem surprised,like he knew what I was going to say.
'Stephanie. You have to,it's the only way to stop all of this.'
'I can't James,he's my dad. Sophie's already growing up without a mother,she can't lose her father too. It's only a phase,he'll stop soon,'
'That's what I thought too Steph,but instead the abuse got worse and my mom eventually ended up in hospital before I had the guts to rat out my dad. Don't make the same mistake as me and wait until the worst.'
Now I'm confused. So confused. On one hand my dad might stop all of this and me and Soph can have our dad back. On the other hand the abuse can get worse and someone might seriously get hurt.
Suddenly this apartment seems suffocating and I need to get out to breath.
'Look I have to pick Sophie up so I have to go,' and with that I step out of the door.

Riley's POV
I put my head in my hands and sigh deeply to myself as the door slams shut. I'm really worried about Stephanie.I don't want her or Sophie to get hurt,I can't bear to see anyone I care about get hurt.
When James went through this it took weeks until he told me what was going on. I always used to ask him where he got that bruise from and he would just brush it off as getting it from football practice. I knew something was wrong and finally got it out of him. I couldn't stand to see him so beat and look as if he had just given up on the world. And I will not let another one of my friends go through the same thing.
I suddenly feel a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist and I instantly relax into them,resting my head on James' chest.
'She'll come around,don't worry,'he says soothingly.
'I hope so.'

Short I know but I had to get an update in. Promise next chapter will be longer.
So what do you think?
Will Steph come around or will she let the abuse to continue.
Comment on what you think should happen!
And vote.
:)