Chapter 1

Monica pov

"Hurry up Nini you're going to make us late for the show!" Slim said.

Ugh, I hated when my brothers rushed me they didn't understand what it was like to be a girl. I couldn't just throw on something random, brush my hair, and leave. I needed to look presentable, cute, but somewhat professional.

"I'm almost ready, give me five minutes!" I screamed from the bathroom, hoping he heard me.

I made my way downstairs wearing a black crop top that read 'EST 19XX' written in red in the upper chest area, tight dark blue pair of hole-y jeans, and red chucks with black laces.

As I made my way downstairs I didn't notice that all eyes were on me until I made my way to the end of the staircase. I always looked down as I walked, it was a habit. I was never fully accepting or confident of the way I looked. When I made my way down there they were, the people I grew to love. They were in my life just as long as they they had been in Slim's, all of the crew except for Kells. As I made my way to the living room I saw Rook and Dre with their mouths wide open staring like I had three heads. Ashleigh stood there squealing and pointing at my face. She'd never seen me in makeup and yet that was my profession, hair and makeup. I was the person everyone came to, to get their face beat and hair laid. But as for Rook and Dre, I could never understand what they were staring at. I considered myself the average girl. Mid length dyed purple hair, shirt legs, kind of curvy, boobs that were unnecessarily big and made gym a living hell, brown eyes, and mocha skin. I gave them a quick wave as I saw Dub and Slim walking from the kitchen.

"Y'all always stuffing food in y'all mouth!" I said half laughing and half frustrated. I mean they were rushing me to get ready and they looked like they had just came from an all you can eat buffet.

"We had to put something on our stomaches waiting around on yo turtle moving ass!" Dub said staring at me with bloodshot eyes. If it was one thing I knew about these boys it was going to be the fact that they always had the munchies from being high or some type of hangover.

"I hope you guys plan on changing, you look a mess."

"We'll be alright!" Both Dub and Slim replied to me almost in unison.

"While y'all bickering we going to get our asses on the bus." Dre said as he and Rook walked out to the bus greeting the driver as he was loading all of our stuff into the components on the outside of the bus.

"You look stunning by the way!!! It's about time you actually do your own makeup for once!" Ashleigh said.

"Thank you, this summer I've been experimenting on makeup on myself for my clients. I'm also trying new products and seeing how they go with different skin tones and such.

"Don't tell me that's why you were taking so long in the bathroom!" Slim said.

Ashleigh and I glared at Slim, making him feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Well I think it looks good for an experiment! Might need you to experiment on me before we hit up the clubs, while were on this tour!"

"You talkin' bout clubbing already?!" Dub asked.

"Last time I checked I was talking to Monica now may you please excuse yourselves before I take matters into my own hands and hide the little stash of y'all's." Ashleigh said.

Dub and Slim always kept a stash of weed on the bus from what I heard. Knowing Ashleigh would really hide their stash, they decided to walk outside to the black Lace Up tour bus and Ashleigh and I followed. I had never met Kells or heard that much of his music but based on the stories Slim had told me in previous years he seemed like a pretty chill guy. He was handsome, 6'4, snow colored skin that was covered in tattoos or what I considered art work. But that was only based on pictures, for all I know he could look totally different when we meet later tonight. It seemed weird how he was my brother's best friend and yet we had never crossed paths or had even been introduced to each other. It's like there was this secret boundary that kept us from ever being in the same room at the same time.

We all got situated in our little areas on the bus. Slim, Dub, and Dre sat at the booth by the small kitchen area. I giggled to myself remembering how they just came from the kitchen in the house. Rook and I both sat on the couch which to my surprise was a pull out, so when it was that time anyone could sleep on it if there wasn't enough bunks in the back. Ashleigh, the last one to get situated headed to the back where the bunks were to get a few hours of sleep in. I found myself staring at the various paintings and fan art on the wall for what seemed like 20 minutes. I was a nerd like that, I enjoyed art and spent majority of my high school years volunteering at art exhibits and museums. As much as I liked it I should've majored in it when I went in for my trade.

"You okay? You haven't said anything since we got on the bus." Rook said, his brown eyes searching my face for an answer or maybe just some type of sign that I was there.

"Oh yeah I'm fine just... just mesmerized, not something I see everyday ya know." I half lied.

"I didn't know a bus could leave you lost for words."

"That's a lot coming from someone whose basically lived on here for a year!"

"You'll get used to it, just sit back and relax. You'll be wishing you slept as we get this tour started! And in a week you'll be sick of this bus anyway."

"Suuure!" I replies sarcastically.

"I'm serious tours are top notch and it's not always as fun as people make it out to be." He said with a straight face.

As his words seeped into my brain I thought about it for a second. Growing up in Cleveland I didn't have much and having to split everything four ways between my brothers was always a hastle. Being the only girl was like being the mut you were the last one to do everything if you didn't want to fight for it.

"Thanks for the advice and trust me it'll take me way longer than a week to get used to this. Must you remember I've hardly ever left Cleveland before." I said right before putting on my Skull Candy headphones that Slim had bought me for my 18th birthday. I was now 21 and the memory came to me like it was yesterday. After putting my playlist on shuffle I sent a quick text to my best friend Janine.

"SO NERVOUS!!! 2 Hours til we arrive in Pittsburg(:"

Janine : "OMG, have lots of fun and have a few shots for me(;"

Me : "By my luck the bouncer will probably think my ID is fake."

Janine : "Girl you better embrace that baby face and them curves while you got 'em"

Me : "Says the girl whose ass is bigger than my future! Lmaoo"

Janine : "Gotta work wit what I was blessed with! I gtg, date night with Bryan."

Me : "Text me when you get back and I want all the details. EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL."

I loved seeing Janine happy she was my best friend, and had been here for me since fifth grade. She was the friend that pushed me to try new things and that it was okay to leave my comfort zone every once in awhile. She saw me go through my first heartbreak, the death of my brothers, and had seen me in my worse state. She dated a lot of douche bags but Bryan had been around for four years before they had even started dating and helped her get through the death of her ex. The death of Dameon left her depressed and mute for weeks that's until Bryan helped me break her out of her funk.

My brain started to shut down, I had been up since 6:25 A.M packing, it almost felt like getting ready for the first day of high school all over again. I looked at my phone quickly to see that it was 9:00 P.M which was really early for me. Before I knew it, I drifted off to one of my all time favorite R. Kelly songs "Fallin' Out The Sky".