Chapter 25

Monica

After the whole Colson freaking out over the whereabouts of Casie and Ash we stopped and picked them up at the salon. At that point the guys had worn off their buzz from last night and were ready to get some food in their systems. David had offered to drop us off at a restaurant but he decided to stay on the bus.

"I'll see you later!" David said as I walked off the bus.

I shot him a quick smile and picked up Casie who had walked off right behind me.

"Are you going to sit with me and daddy?" She asked with such innocence.

"I wouldn't dream of sitting anywhere else!" I said excitedly.

We walked into the establishment and waited to be seated. To avoid attention we all split up; Colson, Casie and I at one table and Dub, Tezo, Rookie, and Dre at another. Ashley sat with her boyfriend who managed to meet her all the way out here. I thought they were so cute, maybe one day David and I would have cute dinner dates.

Our waiter's name was Tyler, he took our drink orders and Casie's and Colson's food orders. I wasn't hungry so I decided to just pass on the food. Eating before going out to the club was a disaster waiting to happen. As long as I wouldn't have to see it or clean it up I'd be fine. I would hate for someone to see me like that if I were them. Something about Colson made me feel as if he didn't care about what people thought of him and that intrigued me. I was the total opposite, I wanted people to think I was this perfect angel that everyone praised. Sometimes it seemed like it'd be nice to just not give a crap about other's opinions.

After Tyler came back with our food and drinks a frail elderly woman who had finished eating at the table across from us walked up. She kind of made me feel uneasy, she had been staring at Casie since we had sat down. I'm all for cute old people but not the old savages from the 'Lifetime network' movies that stole children.

"I just wanted to say how lovely your family looks, not a lot of the newer generation believes in marriage or children. Reminds me of my family before my children became adults and had kids of their own." She said.

Colson and I both glanced at Casie and then at each other after hearing the woman speak. I didn't know whether to deny Casie being my daughter and Colson being my husband or meditate on what she was saying. By listening I could potentially learn something valuable instead of just cutting her off. I learned a lot and viewed the world based on a mixture of my experiences and other's.

"You have two angels in your life sir, do whatever you can to protect these beauties. One day something might occur and you'll have to prove your love for this lovely lady." She continued.

I blushed on the thought of what she said, this stranger's testimony meant something deeper to me then to anyone else. The only part that scared me was the 'prove your love' part. What was going to happen to me and why would Colson need to prove that he loves me? Yeah I know this was a random old lady who was most likely senile and lonely but her words felt real. It was almost like those fortune teller machines and they never provide enough information.

Casie looked at me with a concoction of happiness and yet confusion in her smile as the old lady whispered to Colson. I wondered what they were talking about and I shouldn't have. I had just said yes to being David's girlfriend and I was over here contemplating a future with Colson. I loved Casie like she was my own but marrying her father would be a drastic change in my life. I personally don't think I could handle a person always under the influence and on the road 24/7. Never being able to spend days with me, or be willing to do normal stuff like bowling.

The lady left and my head was buzzing with questions that needed immediate answers. I decided to hold them off, these couldn't be answered truthfully with Casie right here.

"Daddy, is Moni going to be my new mommy?" Casie asked.

"No, you only get one of those. Maybe she will be your stepmother one day." Colson replied with a grin.

I looked up at him almost choking on my soda. For the first time I realized that he had a dimple and I wondered how had I not known that before. It just added more character to his face, more outlined details of a masterpiece.

That was weird, right? Why would he tell Casie that? Why would Casie even ask that question? Would she hate me as a stepmom? Is Colson trying to fuck with my brain? All of these questions would never be answered because I'd be too scared to ask them.

"How was your day stepmommy?" Casie said as she giggled.

Colson was laughing, I didn't find her calling me that amusing at all. He spent his days telling me about this girl who captured his heart and yet he was telling Casie that I was mommy #2. That was playing with fire, soon she'd be expecting us to get married and have her be our flower girl.

She would make such a cute flower girl though and Colson would make a lovely groom. No! Can't think this way I'm with David now and he was too sweet to be toyed with. I thought.

"Earth to Monica." Colson said as he waved his hands in my face.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just zoned out for a minute, did you need something?" I said.

"It's nothing, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I'll probably stay in tonight"

"No no no. You have to come to the club with us." He said sounding amused.

"Why?" I shot back sounding unintentionally rude.

Casie looked at me with her head tilted to the side as her and Colson stared at me with confusion.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I meant why would you want me to party with you guys?" I said in a calmer tone of voice.

Colson grabbed both of my hands and stared in my eyes for what felt like forever before saying what he needed to.

"I enjoy having you around and you mean a lot to the crew now. If something's bothering you, I understand and you don't have to explain. At least think about entering the club and if you don't have fun you can leave." He said.

Neither his hands or eyes had moved and once again I felt the urge to plunge toward him and kiss his soft lips. My surroundings were a blur and the world completely shut itself out. Only he made me feel this way, so was David a cover up or someone I genuinely liked. David was kind and smart where Colson was bold and careless. Two guys that set off two different attractions and conflicting sides of myself.

"I enjoy being around all of you guys! I'm just an over thinker that's all, I'm glad to have met you all and I mean that. I guess I can ditch movie night to go to the club." I said breaking my gaze from Colson to stare at Casie.

To my attention she wasn't even realizing what was going on around her. She was playing a game on her iPad and I couldn't have been happier. I couldn't allow her to know that I had feelings for her dad. Slim can't find out either or anyone for that matter but what would I do with David? It was wrong to string people along but I couldn't just dump him. What would my excuse even be, oh sorry I just realized that I suck at dating but let's be bestie's!

Everyone finished eating and we all got back on the bus so we could make it to the club. When I got on the guilt consumed me to the point that looking at David only made me ill. Instead of sitting next to my 'boyfriend' I sat by Colson on the couch. Tonight would be a night I'd most likely regret!