Chapter 19

Colson pov

I walked back stage and saw the group of girls that I told to meet me when the show ended. My selection was a mixture of girls that I knew Dub, Slim, Dre, and I would all like. We started our first ritual, body shots. When we laid the first girl on the table, Dub passed me a bottle of Hennessey. As I went to pour the liquor, Monica was passing as if she was looking for something and looked up at us unpleased.

Guilt pinged at my stomach, these random girls were pretty but they didn't have anything on her. Monica was book and street smart, had natural beauty that didn't need to be covered up with makeup, and an interesting background. Her standards were higher than my grades in high school and I wasn't going to be able to live up to them. One day I would drop all these girls for a girl only half as special as she is.

"Come on man, what you waiting for?" Dre asked.

"Nothing man!" I said brushing off my thoughts of Monica.

We all took five shots each on every single girl, at the end of this I was tipsy. By the time we finished Dub was getting a lap dance from one of the girls and Slim had disappeared into the bathroom with a pair of twins. Dre walked the other girls to the bus. I stayed back so I could look for Monica and Casie.

Maybe I should sober up first before I show my face. I thought to myself.

I walked to an empty bathroom where I splashed my face for awhile, than I drunk three bottles of water, and put in a piece of gum to cover the alcohol breath. At the time I didn't know if I was trying to impress Monica or seem approachable to Casie. I walked down the hall to her dressing room and peaked my head through. There they were lying on the couch watching some kiddy movie and laughing. Monica turned around and looked at me, I signaled for her to come outside to talk to me. She walked towards me and closed the door behind her.

"Look about earlier, I don't want you to think that that's who I am at all times." I said.

"I know." She said quietly.

"You know?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, you've helped me through some deep personal things twice I think I know your not a bad guy." She said.

God, she was just so amazing and understanding. I didn't deserve to talk to her let alone call her my friend.

"I guess your right Moni!" I said looking into her green eyes.

"I'm never wrong!" She said biting her lip.

Why did she do that, she's really going to drive me crazy. I thought.

I leaned in closer tilting her head to the side, I started rubbing her dimple that lied on her right cheek. Before I could stop myself I had kissed her. My tongue had slipped into her mouth and wrapped around hers. She made me feel warm and needed, her arms around my neck and legs wrapped around my waist. We had been making out for a good time now and I had her back to the wall. I moved my mouth to her neck and a small gasp escaped her lips. I connected my lips to hers again and she started playing with my hair.

"We  can't, this can't happen." Monica said breaking the invisible seal that was our lips.

My breaths were heavy and our foreheads touched. I couldn't look in her eyes not now anyway, I was stuck in my pride clearly embarrassed.

"I know, I'm really sorry." I said letting her go.

I could feel her green eyes burning a hole in my head but I  wouldn't look.

"It's fine, I have to go finish this movie with Casie." She said with a fake smile.

When she walked back into her dressing room I slid down to the floor.

How could I do something so stupid? She'll never look or talk to me again. I thought.

Well at least I knew for a fact that she wasn't interested in me, she was the one who broke up the kiss. I soon heard Casie and Monica laughing again at the movie. I didn't want to stay too long just in case the movie finished soon so I left to get on the bus.

Monica

Oh how I yearned for Colson to kiss me again, I was still wrapping my brain on what had happened. When he was about to kiss me I saw a halo, he was the perfect guy and I had ruined it. When I came back I was all out of whack and wasn't even paying attention to the movie. If Casie laughed, I laughed so she wouldn't expect anything. What? Kids are smarter than you think ya know.

I knew that in a matter of time I would have to get back on the bus but I wasn't ready. Colson wouldn't even look at me after we kissed for crying out loud. I had to admit, it was such a great kiss, that had been my first one since my senior Prom. I saw fireworks when our lips collided and I felt electricity run all throughout my body like I was a plug. I would never look at him the same way and that scared me.

"Monica, I'm sleepy." Casie said with drooped eyes.

Crap this was way too soon to get on the bus and I knew that the girls from backstage would be on there and I'd rather not bring her around them. I took out my phone to call Ash to see what she was doing.

Hello, you have reached the voicemail box of Ashley. If you really need to reach me leave a voicemail with your name and number.

Great! Just what I needed a sleepy child and a whorehouse to call my home for two months. Since when did Ash become the type to never answer her phone? I couldn't talk to Colson, couldn't talk to Ashley, and I couldn't get on the bus. I called Rook to verify my conclusion that the girls- hoes were on there.

"Hey!" Rook said on the first ring.

"Hey, are you on the bus?" I asked him.

"Yeah, where are you?" Rook asked me. I heard Colson ask who was on the phone in the background.

"In my dressing room, I wasn't sure if you guys were still 'turning up'. I said laughing.

"Oh no, you guys can come on those girls are long gone."

"Okay, I'll be there in five minutes. Thank you so much!"

"Anytime." Rook said right before I hung up.

I picked up Casie who was already sleeping and started making my way toward the bus.