Chapter 30

A/N: There will be 5 more chapters and then there will be a part two! I plan on doing a four or five part series with this, each having 35 chapters. Hope all of you are enjoying the story so far! Please leave comments of your opinions and vote on chapters, that'll be very helpful!!!(:

Colson pov

Monica ran away from me and I searched the whole perimeter of the club and couldn't find her. My anxiety was increasing by the second and I thought I was going to have a full on attack. She left me worried and broken hearted, I had never felt this feeling that I had in my heart.

She said I ruined her life, she thought I was interrogating her, and that I made her feel like shit.

I did nothing but try to protect her but maybe the best type of protection would be keeping her away from me. I wouldn't be able to give her what she needed, as much as I loved her I would never be enough for her.

"Kells, you need to come over here!" Ash said with a horrified face.

I slowly walked behind her to be revealed to four cop cars with their blue and red lights shining. After noticing Dub and Dre talking to some of the police officers I thought of the worse. Something happened to Monica, and I was the only person who knew who could've done this. From a distance I heard sirens from an ambulance as they sped to the club parking lot. Three paramedics came out with a stretcher and they were speed walking to Slim who was holding someone. My assumptions were confirmed as I knew he couldn't be comforting no one other than his very own sister. I heard him scream in pain as he rocked Monica back and forth as if she was a baby.

The paramedic took her away from Slim and gently placed her on the stretcher. Ash and I ran over to Slim, these were our friends and I had never seen them in this position.

"I found her with her dress hitched up and her underwear was gone. Someone hit her in the back of her head and she was going in and out of consciousness." Slim said before collapsing to the ground crying.

I was furious I wanted to find that bastard who did this to Monica. No one should ever do something so cruel and evil to another human being. I hadn't even noticed it, but I was crying too and I hardly ever cried. It took a lot to break all of us and here we were crying and Monica in the back of an ambulance.

"We're able to fit four of you guys into the vehicle." One of the paramedics said.

"Okay." Ash said trying to hold her composure for the rest of us.

Rook, Dre, Dub, and I loaded onto the ambulance, Ash said she would be following behind in a taxi. Everyone was quiet as we loaded up on the back of the ambulance, no one had anything to say. You never realize how special someone is until there laying there unconscious.

The paramedics were talking back and forth about the Monica's condition and I honestly had no idea what they were talking about. The ambulance finally stopped and I knew we were at the hospital. The boys and I waited for them to roll Monica out before we go out.

Everything was moving in slow motion for me, the doctors were rushing Monica to a room on the stretcher. We followed them closely behind until one of the doctors told us to stay in the waiting room.

Minutes felt like hours and every single moment of the night replayed in my head. Her last words to me were how much she hated me and I was scared that I'd never get to tell her how I felt about her. I had to tell Slim everything that happened, he needed to know that I knew who was behind this.

"Slim?" I said.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"I need to tell you what happened earlier at the club."

I told him everything, how I found her pushed against the wall by the guy, the conversation we had, and the blood curdling scream I heard that must've happened when she got hit.

"I appreciate it man." Slim said quietly.

"Here's some coffee to keep you guys awake." Ash said.

Slim and I both said our thank you's before taking our cups.

"How y'all holding up?" Ash asked.

"We'll be doing better when we finally hear something." I answered for both Slim and I.

"Same here, you guys keep your heads up!" Ash said before sitting with the rest of the guys.

I sat down in a chair that was quite comfortable and I drifted off to sleep.

***Two hours later***

"Colson! Colson! Wake up!" Rook said.

"Oh my god, how long was I out?" I asked.

"Just two hours, it's okay the doctor is coming to speak to us in just a little bit."

"Thank the lord, I need to know something." I said.

The doctor walked into the waiting room searching the room before walking to our group.

"Are you guys here for Monica?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're her family." Slim answered.

"Okay, I'm doctor Collins. I'll show you guys the way to her room." He said.

Dr. Collins led us to Monica's room and I was so excited to get to see her. Finally arriving to a room numbered twenty seven, the doctor opened the door for us.

"We managed to stop the bleeding in her brain and took out the loose fragments of her skull. The bandage on her head is to keep pressure on it but after a few days she won't need it. The bad news is she has went into a coma." He said as he closed the door behind him.

"How long will that last?" I asked feeling uneasy.

"We don't know patients like this can be in a coma for days, weeks, months, or even years. Also in her case even if she wakes up there's still a 50% chance she will have trouble remembering simple things such as names or faces. In her case she could even die from organ failure if she doesn't wake up in time." Dr. Collins said.

I didn't know if I wanted to punch him for being inconsiderate or dwell on the fact that there's was a chance that I would never hear Monica laugh again.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to it." Dr. Collins said before leaving.

Everyone surrounded the bed that Monica was in. The life had looked as if it had been sucked out of her, her once cocoa skin now pale. Slim grabbed her right hand and started balling his eyes out. I felt like everyone was mourning and I wasn't doing that, I knew my Moni was in there somewhere and I wasn't giving up.