Chapter 22

Monica pov

Colson and I were walking to the bus and I was still nervous from the Casie incident. Yeah he said he was fine but she still went wondering around unsupervised, something could've happened to her. If the situation were reversed I would've torn him a new one even if she made it backstage safely. I swear I don't understand how people do it, having kids and constantly worrying about them. My sanity would honestly be gone if I had a child of my own. Though in the future I do want to be married with three kids and a couple of dogs.

Why was he so calm? Didn't he just get off stage, he should be taking shots on some random bitch's stomach. I thought.

I didn't know if I was jealous or just mad at the fact that someone as sweet as him could be a sex addict. As we got on the bus we both greeted David before sitting on the couch.

"So, why did you want me to meet you?" I asked.

"It's aways nice to see your face even when your a little freaked out." Colson answered with a smirk on his face.

Before the day we kissed I wouldn't have known what to make of that statement but now I knew what he meant or at least had an idea.

"That's nice of you to say." I exclaimed rubbing my legs.

God, it was freezing on this bus! How do Canadians do it? I mean it got cold in Cleveland but this was a different type of cold. I deliberated in my head.

"See! I can be a nice guy when I want to be, you cold?" He asked worriedly.

"A little, no biggie I'll be fine." I assured him.

"I'll be right back, give me a few minutes!"

Colson walked to the back of the bus where majority of our stuff was held. He returned in exactly seven minutes with a black 'EST 19XX' pullover jacket.

"Here you go." He commanded.

"No, really I'm totally fine!" I tried sounding convincing.

He gave me a stern look and his sky blue eyes turned icy and distant. I hurriedly put the jacket over my head and adjusted the sleeves. Colson finally sat back down and it looked like he was breathing for the first time in minutes.

Someone didn't take no for an answer. Why did me being cold affect him so much?

"How was your day?" Colson asked as his face became warm and familiar again.

"Other than freaking out about a hide and seek game gone wrong, somewhat okay. How was yours?" I answered gleefully.

"Again, I'm extremely sorry about that. My day has been pretty normal but are you okay?"

"I'll be fine." I said giving him a light pinch on his arm.

He looked me in my eyes and everything started disappearing. It felt as if my soul was exposed to him and he knew every little thing about me. Colson was a beautiful human being who was thoughtful and yet reserved.

He had an angelic way about him and though he didn't have a real halo it existed. I longed to have his lips kiss mine but I couldn't put him through that or even Casie. Whether I wanted to admit it or not if we became a thing everyone was involved and it would only complicate things.

There was a sudden knock on the bus window and it caused both Colson and I to jump. The culprit was Dre and he was banging the window to receive Colson's attention.

"Aye Kells! You coming back to get this party started?" Dre asked sounding half drunk.

"Yeah I'll be out in a minute." Colson said sounding annoyed.