Chapter 7

Colson pov

Here I was once again carrying Monica to her room only this time she was out like a light. The driver was nice enough to drive us back to the hotel, so we wouldn't have to wait all night for everyone to leave the club. Her sleeping face was adorable but unlike the first encounter her face showed vulnerability. It didn't even seem like hours ago that she had been crying. When we had walked on the bus she went straight to the bunks. I could understand her need for sleep, when I'm not in the best of moods that's the only thing I can see myself doing when there's no studio around.

When I got to her room I laid her on the bed, propping her head on the pillow and making sure she was covered up by the covers. After I left, I decided to FaceTime Casie it wouldn't be too late since we left the club early. I unlocked my phone, tapped on the facetime icon, and there she was under 'Daddy's Babygirl'.

"Daddy!!!" Casie exclaimed her face filled with excitement.

"How has my little angel been?"

"Good! Daddy can you please come home?" She said, tears forming in her eyes and her smile was washed away.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked with a pouting face.

"Mommy's doing it again and she's scaring me."

As soon as she said that, I knew what she meant. Casie's mother had been suffering from schizophrenia and she would go on violent rampages. Casie would always shut out the lights and lock herself in the bathroom. Her mother never suspected her to be in there.

"Casie I'll be home tomorrow to come get you alright?"

"Okay, love you daddy and I can't wait for you to read me stories!" She said, her adorable smile returning.

"Love you too baby! I'll read all the stories I can when I come and get you." I said, and shortly after our exchange of goodbyes she hung up.

I don't know what I'd do without my little girl, which is why I need to fight for custody. For now I need rest I'll tell the guys and we'll head out to Cleveland tomorrow afternoon. They knew that if I was willing to leave the tour for a couple of shows that it was something important. Everyone knew how much I loved my daughter.

Monica pov

I woke up in my hotel room completely unaware how I had even gotten there. Memories from last night had all flooded back into my head and I was contemplating going back to sleep and hibernate for the rest of my life. I heard a knock on the door and before I could even yell "come in" Slim had made his way in.

"What if I was naked!" I said before having a laughing fit. Last time I said that it took Slim months before he even knocked on my door back home.

"Glad to see you laughing. Kells told me what happened last night and the reason for y'all leaving the club so early. Why do you think you lost Janine?" He said, his voice filled with concern.

Geez, I forgot my brother was so involved in my life. Slim knew who all my friends were, including my new ex best friend. I will admit I was kind of mad that Colson told my brother about last night, it wasn't exactly a story I felt like telling.

"Long story short she started drinking again and basically chewed my head off for 'caring' about her." I said trying to hold in the tears.

"Damn! Sounds like she lost an awesome friend and as for you, you have us and that's all that matters." Slim said.

It was amazing knowing that I had Slim as a brother, we helped balance each other out. The two eldest of our siblings were Johnson and Anthony who both died in a car accident two years ago. That's what really pulled us together in fear of losing one another, he was the only blood family I had left. The driver who hit my brothers and Janine excessive drinking was enough to make me swear on my life that I'd never drink.

'Maybe Janine was having a rough night' I thought to myself, but was a rough night a good enough excuse to make me feel like crap?

"Oh and I just wanted to let you know that were heading back to Cleveland in three hours, Kells has a family emergency." Slim said looking at the ground worriedly.

"Oh okay, its a good thing that I never really unpacked!" I said giving Slim a smile to uplift his mood.

"Yeah, I'll leave you to do whatever it is you were doing before I got here." Slim said before exiting.

That was weird, I wonder what was so serious to the point where Slim had gone silent. I circled around my room making sure that everything was in my suitcase. I really wasn't too excited to be going back to Cleveland especially after last night. As the events played on and on in my head my phone lit up.

1 text message from Janine.

Speaking of the devil, what could she possibly want from me she made it clear that she didn't like me. I slid the screen to my home screen and tapped on the message app.

Hey, I'm really sorry about last night. I'm probably the last person you want to hear from. You probable even deleted my number. -XOXO Janine

She was right, she was the last person on earth that I wanted to talk to. She was condescending and emotionally abusive and I was tired of it. Though I was filled with anger and she was the cause of it, I texted her back anyway.

We're heading back to Cleveland today, if you want to meet up...

She didn't deserve my time and I was stupid for giving it to her, but if she was still the same Janine as she was when we were kids she'd make me eat those words. I was clinging on the last string of hope of us becoming friends again. If I ended up forgiving her a lot was going to have to change.