Chapter 15

Monica pov

I woke up renewed and happy, who knew that all i needed was a decent amount of sleep. Colson was very helpful and i appreciated him so much.

Wait Colson? As in my brother's best friend that I let lay with me, Colson? I thought to myself.

I knew the type of guy he was and I was hoping he didn't try to take advantage of me. He was a sweet guy and all but he wasn't my type and I couldn't even imagine myself sleeping with him.

Surprisingly there were clothes in the closet that I had left in there last week. I switched into a white crop top and high waisted jean shorts. After putting on my clothes I brushed my teeth and and washed my face before applying eye-shadow and mascara.

Thank god I left some of my stuff over here or I'd be screwed. I thought.

As I walked down stairs I smelt bacon cooking and soulful music playing. As I made myself halfway down the stairs I saw Casie and Colson in the kitchen singing along to the radio.

"Monica!" Casie exclaimed from the top of her lungs as she spotted me walking to the living room.

She ran up and hugged me and I scooped her up in my arms. No one has ever been this excited to see me before so I would cherish this moment while it lasted.

"Good morning sunshine." Colson chirped.

"Good morning Cole." I said with a huge smile.

He handed me a plate with scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. The three of us sat down at the mahogany dining room table. Casie sat in the middle of Colson and I so she'd be able to talk to the both of us.

"I missed you Monica." Casie said.

"I missed you too! Sorry I didn't stay awhile, sure would've enjoyed your company." I said hoping to make her feel better.

"Are you going to stay now?" She asked eagerly.

"Hm, I don't know Casie."

"Well you can go on tour with us to hopefully let you come to a final decision." Colson said.

After last night I honestly wanted to know what was on his mind. Hopefully he didn't pick up on any weird feelings last night. I didn't want to ruin our friendship that had literally just started two weeks ago. As for Casie, I enjoyed her and I would definitely love to look after her if I did decided to go on tour with them.

"Me, you, and daddy will be the three musketeers!" Casie cheered.

Ugh how could I say no to that, she was incredibly sweet and so adorable.

"We sure will be!" I said giving her my best smile.

Our conversation ended as the whole gang including Ash walked in through the front door looking like they had just left the club. Slim looked hungover while the rest looked like they had sobered up a couple hours before showing up. Everyone's eyes moved from Colson to me.

"Nini!! Where have you been all this time?" Dub asked as everyone ran towards me and engulfed me in a giant group hug.

Colson had cringed at the sound of Dub calling me Nini, he must've really hated when people called me that. I recalled the day he told me why he called me Moni. I grinned at the thought, how was Moni any less childish than Nini?

"So does this mean your coming on tour with us?" Rook asked.

Then all eyes were on me including Casie's and they all wanted an answer now.

"Of course!" I said.

Everyone started cheering like the Cleveland Cavaliers had just won a game. I was excited to be going on tour. When we were on the road I could always expect the unexpected and that excited me.

The guys went upstairs to take showers and finish packing up for the tour.

"Can I talk to you?" Ashley asked beckoning me to walk out to the patio with her.

I walked out and sat on the bench by the swing set. Waiting for her to talk to me, every time someone needed to talk it was always so serious.

"So what's up?" I asked as Ash paced back and forth.

"I may or may not have a boyfriend now." She said, she sounded excited and frightened at the same time.

"That's good.. Right?" I asked nervously.

"I don't know, I've never dated and why would someone want to date me? Just look at me!"

"First of all its a good thing to start dating and second you are gorgeous! You don't need anyone to tell you that!" I said sternly.

I hated when people couldn't see their beauty or potential especially if they meant something to me. Ashley hugged me really tight, I had never met someone who feared dating.

"Thank you, I'm just scared. This is all new for me." She said.

"Hey, you got me to help you through the way. I'll be your dating therapist." I said laughing.

I didn't have a lot of dating experience under my belt either. I had, had two boyfriends in my past and I was a 21 year old virgin. Ash wasn't that bad compared to me but if she needed me for a quick confidence boost I'd be here.

"I got you too, always. Don't ever forget that." She said breaking our hug.

"I'll never forget!" I said.

"My first relationship and I already have to leave him to go on tour."

"That's what facetime is for! He's a big boy he'll be fine."

We both walked back inside of the house and Colson and Casie had just gotten up from the table.

"I'll be back in a little bit." I announced to them.

"Where are you going?" Casie asked me with puppy dog eyes.

"I have to go home and pack so I can leave with you guys tomorrow." I said after I kneeled down to her height.

"Okay, you promise you'll be back?" She asked so innocently.

"I pinky promise, I'll never leave you alone again."

We crossed pinkies and then I gave her a quick hug and said bye to Ash and Colson before leaving. I got back in my car and drove to my house, which only took fifteen minutes.

I noticed that an unfamiliar car was in my driveway. I stayed in my car until I saw a face I recognized climb out of the car, it was Janine. I opened my door and got out of mine as well.

"Didn't mean to alarm you, I just wanted to give you all the stuff that you ever let me borrow, back." She said taking a box out of her small convertible and putting it by the garage.

I felt sympathetic, I walked out on her and she was the one bringing me my stuff back instead of burning it. I had to stop being so hard on myself about everything.

"Thank you, but you can keep all of it. I honestly gave you this stuff knowing I wasn't going to get it back." I said.

We both laughed and for a minute I had a sliver of hope that we'd make up and become best friends again.

"I'm sorry I put you through so much." She said, looking down at the ground.

"Thank you, for teaching me everything that we've experienced together. Everything you put me through was a lesson not a burden." I said.

I guess she was stunned by my words to the point that it left her speechless. She began to get teary eyed and she looked up at me for the first time in minutes.

"Thank you for teaching me what a friend is. I'll never forget you Monica Antoinette Williams." She said before getting in her car and speeding off.

I was frozen in place, no one had ever called me by my full name and Janine barely ever remembered our teachers names let alone a full name. Her words would forever replay in my head.

"I will never forget you Monica Antoinette Williams."

Those words burned a permanent spot in my soul.