Chapter 28

***2weeks Later***

Colson pov

It had been three weeks into the tour and I was getting sleep deprived. Casie had to start school so she went back to Cleveland last week to stay with her grandparents. I was missing her and so was Monica, she had never cried so much like she did when Casie left. Speaking of her, she hasn't even tried to talk to me in the last two weeks. Slim told me to give her time and two weeks seemed long enough.

We were going to be in Cali for these next five shows. The new venue had all the dressing rooms scattered in different buildings. It made me sick to think about how far Monica's dressing room was compared to mine but it wasn't like she wanted to see me anyway. I felt like a lovesick dog or someone who had just lost their bestfriend but that was the affect she had on me. I needed to talk to someone that could give me some insight. It was probably noticeable that after the fight two weeks ago that Monica and I stopped talking.

"Rook, a moment please?" I asked.

"What's on your mind?" He asked.

"Your the closest person to Monica out of the guys..."

"Oh, actually Dre is. She tells him everything, when we talk its not really about personal stuff."

"Oh okay, sorry to bother you." I said feeling embarrassed.

"Anytime, I'll go get Dre for you!" Rook exclaimed happily.

"Thanks man!"

As Rook walked away I felt relieved, I asked about Monica and he didn't even wonder why. Slim was the only one I verbally told about my feelings towards Monica but if he figured it out maybe everyone else did too. It would honestly be nice to not have to hide my feelings and call her mine but I wasn't sure if it was me she wanted anymore. That night at the club it seemed like she was willing to be with me until she noticed David.

The past few days I had been overhearing her talk on the phone with him. I couldn't believe that they were on speaking terms and yet I only got avoided. It was crazy how the minds of girls worked, so complex and indefinite.

"What's up K?" Dre asked stopping my train of thought.

"Can I ask you about Monica?" I asked staring at the ground.

"Damn! Slim wasn't kidding, you really do have a thing for her!"

"Shhh! Quiet, I'm not trying to let the world know! What do you mean! What did Slim say? Does everyone know?"

I felt as if I sounded way too paranoid asking these questions but I needed answers. Monica and the boys had left me out the loop for two weeks while I was drowning in my thoughts. She was the girl I wanted and she was more addicting compared to any drug. Nothing could describe the feeling when I was with her and no one else could make me feel that way.

"K, breathe and calm down. I'll let you know everything you want and need to know."

"Slim only validated my suspicions, only we know because we're the only ones who got that vibe from you." He said proceeding on to answer my questions.

"Oh, I'm sorry didn't mean to get all defensive." I said.

"It's fine, what do you want to know?"