Chapter 21

Monica pov

Colson was a sweet guy who over thinks so much that it makes him ill. I knew I couldn't be the trigger of his stuttering or his nervousness. It was truly a pleasure working with him; he wasn't disrespectful, he let me handle my own, and he was a morally great man. Casie was also a plus and I could only dread the days till she would have to start school and live with her grandparents.

"Moni!!!" Casie screamed deteriorating my train of thought.

"Casie!!!" I screamed just as loud.

"Let's play a game!"

"What kind?" I asked.

"Hide and seek!"

"Casie, I don't think that's a good idea this is a large venue and people are wondering everywhere." I said.

She dropped her head down and I knew what was coming next.

"Okay." She said full of sadness.

Tears were forming and I was giving in already, her sad faces were hard to resist. Who could honestly say no to a child wearing a sad expression. I figured this was probably how I used to make Slim feel when I asked him if I could go out with my friends. I barely asked Slim to go out but when I did I would pull the sad little sister card every time without hesitation.

"Fine, one game but we must be careful." I said.

"Yes Moni!" Casie said walking to me with her hand out.

We walked outside of the building we were in and Casie let go of my hand.

"Close your eyes!" She said hovering her hand over hers.

I closed my eyes and I could hear Casie's footsteps as she ran away.

"Casie don't go to far." I warned eyes still covered by my hands.

After I had finished counting to fifty I uncovered my eyes and was searching around the perimeter of the building. I was starting to have an anxiety attack; I could feel my throat swelling, eyes watering, and my hands shaking. To try to help my breathing, I bent over and put my hands behind my head.

When I finally recovered I started searching for her again, yelling out her name every ten seconds and asking those who had passed by if they had seen her. I was beyond freaking out, Colson was going to kill me!

Colson pov

I was about to start my first and only show for today when someone had ran towards me. It was Casie and she was wearing the hugest grin ever.

"Casie, what's going on?" I asked.

"Me and Monica are playing hide and seek and she hasn't found me yet." She said giggling.

As soon as she said that I honestly felt bad, Monica was probably somewhere around here freaking out. I could see her now, probably thinking about how much I'm going to hate her for losing Casie.

"Casie, why would you run away like that?" I asked full of patience.

"I just wanted to come see you." She sad sadly.

"Kells you need to get to the stage, now!" Ashley said.

I lifted up Casie and took her to the stage to have a little bonding time. I decide I'd call Monica after the first half to let her know Casie was with me and not lying in a ditch somewhere.

When I got to the stage the first thing I noticed were the chanting fans, they always managed to make me feel invincible. Since Casie was on stage I decided to start of slow with some of my slow ballads. When Dub and Tezo got on stage the real party started. I let them perform a few songs as I took Casie backstage so I could call Monica.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey Kells I mean um C...C..Colson! How are you?" Monica responded clearly nervous.

"I'm great, just hanging backstage with Casie." I said.

"With Casie? Oh my god, I'm so so so sorry I had one job and I screwed it up."

"Calm down and breath! She does stuff like this all the time, I'm sorry you went through that." I said with sincerity.

"So your not mad?"

"I have no reason to be."

"Thank the lord!"

"It'd be nice to have you over here though, I have to go back out to perform but see you in an hour?"

"Yeah I'll be there!" She said before hanging up.

I felt so bad for Monica and it was honestly my fault, it shouldn't be her duty to take care of my child. At the same time it made me like her even more she was willing to actually care for a child who isn't hers. She was more than girlfriend material, but the wife type and it scared me to have her in my possession.

"Casie, I have to go back on stage. You be good for daddy, okay?" I said.

"Sir, yes sir!" Casie said before running to Ashley.

I got back on stage where o performed a couple of songs from my 'Black Flag' and my 'Lace Up' album. The fans were craving for more but I had already went an hour over my set so it was time to leave.

As I walked backstage there were girls everywhere and no Monica around. I started searching around the room and I had finally spotted her, she looked like she was on the verge of leaving.

"Hey, sorry I went a little overtime." I said grabbing Monica's hand as she was walking out the door.

"Oh, hey! I thought I should go, this really isn't my scene." She said looking around.

"Yeah, we can go there's nothing here I've never seen before." I said jokingly.

Still connected to her arm we walked out to the bus to have our privacy. I found it normal I was like that with everyone, if I wanted to talk to you that's exactly what I did talked to them with no one around.