Chapter 9

Monica pov

I awoken from my sleep due to the bumpy road we were on. I was told by the bus driver that we still had 25 minutes until we'd be home. I guess that everyone else was rattled up to because all of the boys were walking towards the front of the bus. This time Slim sat next to me at the dining area.

"How's my little sister!" He said before doing our little handshake.

"I'm doing great! A couple weird things but other than that it's been pretty normal." I said more to myself than him.

"Oh like what?"

I took my phone out of my pocket and showed him the text from Janine. It felt weird to be thinking of her after she did me so dirty. I was crazy to give people chance after chance when all they did was make me regret it.

"Man, what are you going to do?" He said with a sour expression.

"I honestly have no idea. Maybe I'll forgive her." I said blandly.

Would I forgive her or would I just see what she has to say and then leave? I don't have that much time to really think about it. Knowing her she'd be expecting me as soon as I hit Cleveland soil.

"If it helps, do what your heart tells you to do. Let this question linger in your brain, can you imagine her in your life ten years from now?"

This question weighed on me heavily. It wasn't that I didn't want to answer it but the fact that I never had to ask myself that. I mean we all picture our friends being in our lives forever, right? Was it bad that after the strange events of last night I could honestly say no. Like my brother said him and the guys would be the only friends I needed and the only friends I cared about. If there was trouble in paradise now, what made me think I could make it through ten more years of friendship.

Slim got up from the seat and walked over to the couch sitting next to the rest of the gang. I sat alone, staring at the text over analyzing the fact that I would have to tell Janine that our friendship might not work out. This started to sound more like a breakup than a spoiled friendship.

Before I knew it I heard a screeching sound coming from the front tire of the bus. I hated that sound more than anything and I could honestly feel my ears throbbing.

"Sorry to tell you guys this, but the bus has broken down." The bus driver said.

The bus was filled with gasps and exchanges of confused faces.

"Where are we?" Colson asked the driver.

"Were on the side of highway 90. Not too far from your homes. We could walk but that'd be a lot of luggage and equipment we'd all have to take part in carrying." The driver said.

He returned to the front of the bus, calling for help on his radio. Many others replied saying how they wouldn't be able to get to us in time. Then there was one call.

"I'm right behind you guys! Tell your passengers to load up their stuff on our bus."

Yes our lives would be spared and we don't have to hitchhike and get eaten by bears. I thought to myself.

We did as we heard without hesitation. The bus driver was the first to depart from the bus. I got off second then Colson, Slim, Ashley, Dub, Tezo, Dre, and lastly Rook. All of us grabbing our belongings from the sides of the bus and we walked to a red CoCoa Cola charter bus.

"Where to?" The new driver asked.

I managed to take a quick pick of his name tag, David was his name. As we all got comfortable on the couch, Colson put the address of his home in the GPS system. David was too young in my opinion to be a bus driver. He didn't seem that much older than me in fact. Very slim face, light brown eyes, fair porcelain skin, and an electric like smile.

"I'll try to get you guys there in 15 minutes!" David said with enthusiasm.

"We don't need this bus to also end up on the side of the road!" Ash said jokingly.

"I'll try my best, you all are safe on my bus!"

He started driving and once again we were on the road. I really didn't miss how bumpy this road was. Colson sat by Ashley and they discussed tour dates and interview times. I hope he'd enjoy these two days off because it sounded to me as if he was going to be one busy bee when we started the tour back up. I decided to check my phone since I wasn't doing much. To my surprise I received a text from Bryan, which is the last person I expected to be trying to reach me.

I'm worried about Janine, I know she started drinking and I need you to check up on her. Please do me this one favor!

I couldn't believe this, he was actually asking me for my help. Two days ago I would've snapped at him for leaving and questioned his loyalty for Janine but now I understood. He wanted what was best for both him and her and she really was selfish.

Me : Of course I'll be home in a little while. I'll keep you updated with her mental state when I see her.

Bryan : Thank you so much! This means a lot!(: I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you.

Me : Don't worry about it, I understand. You have to do what you have to do! Your a great person don't ever forget that!(:

Bryan : Thanks, that so good to hear, training has gotten me down.

As I read this text we had finally arrived to a very large house. Colson's and the other guys' home maybe?

Me : That's sad to hear. I just got home, I'll have to talk to you later!

Bryan : Okay ttyl.

We all said our goodbyes to David and Colson exchanged phone numbers with him. It'd be cool to have a bus driver like him, he seemed so friendly. We waited outside of the door so Colson could open it. As he did I took in my surroundings, the house was more luxurious than the hotel we had just left three hours ago. No wonder Slim barely ever asked to crash at my place. Hell, why would he trade living in a mansion. Maybe now this could be my second home too.