Chapter 32

Colson pov

Visiting hours at the hospital would be over at 9:00, so I had a good hour to visit Monica. I had to be completely honest, I was pumped to be here.

"Hey, Kells... What are you doing here?" Ash asked as she accidentally bumped into me with a cup in her hand.

"To see Monica, neither you or Slim gave me an update." I said.

"Oh it slipped my mind."

"Yeah, it's whatever. Is she in the same room as yesterday?"

"Yup, how'd your show go?"

"Okay, I wasn't focused so it felt like it dragged on forever."

"That's true, well I'll see you when you get back to the hotel."

"Yeah, see ya."

That was awkward, she acted like she didn't even want to see me. Was it me or did it seem like all the women in my life were borderline bipolar.

I walked to the room that I remembered Monica was in last night. The room looked like a flower shop threw up in here, flowers were just everywhere. Wondering who sent some of them I read the cards that were attached to the vases.

Hey love, saw you on the news. I pray that you have a speedy recovery and you come back to Cleavland! -Stacy

Monica! Can't believe this has happened to you, I love you so much and hope you get better soon! -Lavern

After reading the two cards I saw a letter that looked as though it had been typed.

Dear Monica,
I know we haven't had the best history or even the best of experiences together but I am saddened to hear about this incident. It is sickening how someone could harm another person without thinking of their family or friends. I managed to arrange a prayer session at my new church so we can all pray for you. It's funny how a month ago I would've said praying doesn't work but that's one of the effects of rehab. The only person I can thank is you, you helped me get myself clean both times and I will treasure our friendship forever. Even if I was a sucky friend, I know you'll pull through this and be stronger than ever. Love you so much and have a good life. -XOXO

Without a doubt I knew this letter was from Janine. She was a friend of Monica's that at many times had her crying in my arms. Judging by the things Monica had told me I was surprised she wrote this letter. As a recovering addict I understood how much it took out of Janine to sit and type this. You never want to have to admit that your wrong or have a problem but when you do it means something.

After reading the rest of the notes I felt inspired and it was finally my turn to start confessing. Monica was lying in the bed still and I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me but keeping myself quiet had gotten me nowhere. I could easily type her something up after I spoke my mind clearly. This was it, this may be my only chance of letting her know how I felt. I placed my hands on top of Monica's and began speaking.

"Hey Monica, I know you probably can't hear me you probably don't want to. I don't know where to start to be honest. Guess I'll start with this, remember when we first met? You had to fix my mohawk, I started calling you Moni and you hated it. Well if you wake up I'll promise to never call you that again. I promise not to do anything to hurt you, whether that means I have to stay single until your ready for me. I want you Monica and I don't know if I'm going to be able to function if you leave. Everyone is acting so hopeful, I can't do that I need some type of sign. When I said that my world has been different since I met you, I meant in a good way. I would never take back getting to know you or any other moments we have had together. Well other than last night." I said as I cried.

My speech was interrupted as some random alarm started signaling off and a bunch of doctors ran in the room wheeling Monica out.

"What's going on?" I asked as I wiped my face.

"She's crashing, I'm going to have to ask you to go in the waiting room. Someone will update you and explain everything you need to know while your there."

"Okay." I said stunned.

What just happened? Did I do something wrong? Is Monica going to be okay?

My heart and mind was racing and I wasn't too sure of what was happening. When I got to the waiting area I saw Slim but not Ashley.

"I already know the doctor just informed me, sit down and breathe." Slim said after looking at my facial expression.

"What's going on?" I asked Slim.

If a doctor let him know what was going on he probably knew more than I did.

"There's skull fragments in Monica's brain that they found and the doctors are going to remove them. That alarm you heard was the fragments moving to an area that could be fatal." Slim answered.

"Where did the skull fragments come from? I thought they said they got all of them yesterday?" I asked as I took a few deep breaths.

"She got hit so hard that whatever was used broke a little hole in her skull but it can be easily fixed. They said that these were pieces of that they couldn't see yesterday."

Slim scared me with how calm he was where me on the other hand flipped out about everything. Maybe that was the best way to go about this. If I don't get too worked up I would actually be able to function.

"Okay." I replied.

"I thought you had a date tonight." Slim said.

"I did but Amanda noticed that I wasn't concentrated so she basically forced me to come here. Told me she wouldn't be the cause of my suffering." I said laughing as I recalled my conversation with Amanda earlier.

"Damn! Sounds like a keeper."

"Yeah but she isn't the one I need."

"I know man and I'm glad your here to be her Prince Charming."

"Anytime."

"Let's go to the hotel and get some shuteye so we can actually stay here all day tomorrow."

"Sounds awesome and stress free."

"True! I overheard the doctors speaking and Monica is expected to recover really soon. She doesn't have any serious injuries and her organs are in tact she just needs to wake up."

"Wow, that's great! She had me stressed when we first got here last night."

Slim and I walked to the hotel, the end of another day with another burden knocked off the list. I couldn't wait to be back up there tomorrow after the good news.