Chapter 14

Monica pov

After my feud with Janine, I went to the nearest Walmart to use their Redbox and get a box of microwavable popcorn. I then went straight to Colson's house, Janine was right I did find where I'd belonged I just hoped it wasn't too late. I was still fuming from thirty minutes ago but I couldn't let my emotions control me any longer.

I rung the door bell and I saw the kitchen light flicker on. Colson opened the door, he had bed hair and sweats and he had a familiar smile you couldn't help but melt when seeing it.

"Did anyone order movies and popcorn?" I asked before burying my head in Colson's chest.

He lifted me up and closed the door behind us as he led me to the couch in the living room. I had been crying so much that the bottom half of his shirt had became soaked and my makeup was all over it. He took off his shirt and I held it in my hand.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have come." I said looking at his shirt.

It was 11:15 P.M. and after this I didn't feel like riding back home. Besides Colson made me feel comfortable at my most vulnerable state and I depended on his friendship more than anything.

"Don't worry about it." He said calmly before kissing my forehead.

He rubbed his hands up and down my arm and I calmed down in the matter of minutes.

"Thank you." I said wiping my now dried face.

"For what?" He asked, he genuinely looked confused.

"For always being here for me when it feels like I have no one." I explained.

"Anytime, would you like to tell me what happened?" He asked.

I nodded my head yes and told him everything starting from the very beginning. I told him about the first time she met Tony and how he brought her bottles of Patron and would make her sell dime bags. I told him about the time when we were juniors in high school and Janine beat up this while hiked up on crack. She beat the girl so bad that her face was indescribable. Ugh I hated that story, that girl didn't deserve that beating. I told him everything leading up to tonight so it would help him understand my frustrations.

"Wow that's deep, man!" He said.

"Yeah, I really wanted to just chill with you but it just ruined my day." I said.

"Well, I'm here for you and I'll be here all night. You still have your room upstairs, and Casie is sleeping so don't worry about her." He said.

"Thanks again!" I said giving him a huge hug and I didn't let go until two minutes later.

His bare skin was incredibly warm and his cologne smelled amazing. When I pulled away it looked like he was blushing but I didn't pay it any attention.

"So, how has it been with you and Casie anyway?" I asked.

"It's been crazy, just knowing that she's only a room away from me. It almost brings tears to my eyes. She means so much to me and I'd do anything for her ya know?"

As a matter of fact I didn't understand. The only person I had ever 'loved' in such a way was Janine. She was like my child when she was sick I took care of her and when she became pregnant when we were nineteen I went to all her appointments with her. That was closest I had experienced to having a child other than occasionally babysitting my baby cousins and such.

"That's good, it was a scary night and now she's all yours." I said.

"You can say that again! I've been waiting for the day where she could actually be on the road with me, even for a little bit." He said.

I loved how passionate he felt towards his daughter, that was the true definition of love.

"Your inspiring." The words slipped out of my mouth.

"Ha, you are too! You are very noble and have qualities I could never have." He said honestly.

It felt good to have someone in a way cherish me. To acknowledge the things I did and actually find it noble. There was something that pulled me to him, things just came so easy when he was around. There was no feeling that I had to impress him or be someone that I wasn't and that felt good.

We sat there and watched two movies that I couldn't remember because half way through them I fell asleep on Colson's chest.

Colson pov

Monica was so graceful, as she fell asleep on my chest her breaths became in sync with mine. She quickly woke back up and looked up in my eyes.

"May you walk me to my bed?" She asked innocently.

"Yeah! Let's go." I said.

I helped her up and walked her up the stairs and led her to the room. She crawled herself into the bed and before I closed the door she beckoned me to come back to her.

"Lay with me." Monica said patting the right side of the bed.

I decided why not. Nothing had to happen right? I thought.

I laid next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist after turning off the lamp. She turned toward me and stared me in my eyes. I wondered what was she always searching for. She started to shiver and I wrapped my arms around her tighter. We were connected to the point where we had almost became one.

"Thanks for being a good friend to my brother all these years and now becoming mine." She said.

Friend? I don't know, I guess I was expecting more from her. I could see her as being more than a friend but of she couldn't than I understood.

"Your welcome, I'm glad I got to finally meet you." I responded.

"Goodnight Cole." She said.

"Goodnight Moni." I said.

She snoozed off not too long after that and I just made sure she was warm. So many things were going through my mind and I honestly hoped we could hang out tomorrow as well.