Chapter 33

Colson pov

****Two weeks later****
It had been three weeks since Monica was first emitted into the hospital and everyday she showed signs of getting better. From her eyes twitching just a little to her being able to breathe without a machine I felt like I was getting her back, sometimes.

Though she showed signs of getting better she would also show signs of getting worse. Her brain function would be really good one day and then really crappy the next. We had finished our last three shows and they were surprisingly successful. I had even managed to call Casie everyday and she was able to shine light on my bad days. It made me happy that she enjoyed school along with living at her grandparents house.

When I wasn't in the hospital I spent my days locked up in my hotel room. Today we were all packing up to go home which was kind of weird because that meant we would be leaving Monica here alone. If it was up to me I'd never leave the hospital, ever.

"All packed up?" Ash asked from the doorway.

"Not quite and I'm really not going to miss Cali." I said.

"Why not?"

"This isn't where I belong, too many lights, too many bad things have happened here and just too much going on here."

"I understand, at least we'll be home before you know it."

It was true we hadn't been home in over a month and I was missing it like crazy. Through all the drama I had been through these past few weeks, it was going to feel good to be somewhere familiar.

"Yes! I feel like I haven't been in Cleveland in forever, and I've been separated from Casie way too long."

"I have too, that little munchkin makes good company!"

"You can say that again!"

Ash helped me finish packing my stuff into my suitcases and then we loaded them into the taxi. After the whole David quiting thing, a taxi was the only thing that could get us from point A to point B. At least we wouldn't have to ride in a cramped up car for too long. We were getting driven to LAX then hop on the first plane to Cleveland.

"We're going to need a lot more than one taxi!" I said jokingly.

"Yeah about that, Colson your the only one going home tonight." Ash said.

"Why, where is everyone else going?"

"They're staying here for Monica, originally Slim was staying by himself then the rest decided to stay with him."

"Wow, I feel like a shitty friend."

"It's not your fault, we know you needed this break. We all think that you need time with Casie, you've been to the hospital every single day since Monica has been emitted. It's time you go out and enjoy yourself."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say if Monica doesn't make it out your going to end up regretting how you spent your time!"

"So you think Monica is a lost cause?" I asked harshly.

"That's not what I meant Colson and you know that."

I jumped into the taxi and slammed the door. Ash banged her palm on the window trying to apologize but I was over it. She thought that Monica was going to die, how could she think so cruelly and she had the nerve to say she cared about Monica. Maybe leaving was a blessing in disguise, I was homesick and I missed my daughter more than anything. It sucked that I was going to have to tell Casie about Monica's state.

"You ready Mr. Baker?" The taxi driver said staring at me through the mirror in confusion.

"Hell yeah, get me outta here!" I responded.

"No problem!"

Why do I feel like I'm running away from my problems? Since when did I just fly to the other side of the U.S. when something was bothering me? Yeah I miss Casie, but if my friends needed me didn't I need to stay here?

I thought California was a nice place but it was best in the morning where the sunlight shined on every little feature. Seeing the world for what it was, was a trait that Monica taught me. She analyzed things that most people wouldn't give a second thought and that's what added beauty. It was the little things that made the bigger picture and I knew that now.

I was contemplating whether I should facetime Casie when I got in town. A random pop up would be nice and unexpected which was something Casie actually liked. To make sure that she would be home tonight I texted her grandparents telling them I was coming home and to not tell Casie.

"Your here, safe travels good sir." The taxi driver said.

"Thanks, a lot." I said before giving him a roll of bills.

"Oh no sir, I've already been paid. Here, take it."

"I know that's just a thank you from me. Take care of yourself and your family."

"Thank you so much! God bless your soul!" He said, his face had glowed up.

"You are so welcome! You deserve it, I know you've probably have worked for some pretty crappy people."

The man laughed at my comment before he began to thank me again. We exchanged our goodbyes and then I proceeded on to go inside the airport. There would be no turning back now, not that I wanted to but there's was nothing to run to. I covered myself so no one would recognize me, as much as I loved my fans I needed a break and airports got hectic really quick.

The mesmerization was real, LAX was huge and fancy. This was the definition of A- lister, probably ran into twenty different celebrities not even kidding.

I managed to get on my plane without being noticed or ambushed by random people. This was the first time I had road in a plane in a long while. I put in my ear buds and starting reminiscing about none other than Monica as I looked out the window. From the day I met her and she smelt of cocoa butter, the first time we kissed, the night she told me to lay with her, and the terrible night at the club that caused her to be unconscious. If Ashley was right I didn't know what to do, Monica left such a large imprint on my life in such the little time I actually got to know her. It really stunk that she was all I could think about during my flight. I checked my phone to see if I had any notifications, particularly from Slim or the other guys.

1 Text message:

Casie will be here, let us know if you need to get picked up from the airport! Glad to know your coming, she's been missing you a lot.

Damn, that's the only person who took the initiative to text me. My own friends couldn't even wish me a safe flight, talk about priorities!

"Would you like something to drink sir?" A flight attendant asked.

"Just some water, thank you!" I said with a smile despite my mood.

"Sure thing, I'll be back with your water."

After she walked away I texted Casie's grandparents back.

I'll be at the airport in downtown Cleveland in three hours. A ride would be greatly appreciated!

They responded almost instantly.

"Great! See you then, we'll bring Casie!"

"Okay, sounds like a great plan!" I sent right before turning my phone off.

The flight attendant came to my seat with an ice cold water which was so good and refreshing. My eyes started getting heavy and I knew then I'd sleep the whole flight which would be a good thing. The tight area was starting to get to my claustrophobia so at least I could nap through it. Finally my light bulb went out and all of my thoughts would be erased for awhile.

A/N: I know, pretty short chapter but were getting closer to the ending of part one. Anything can happen to any character, expect the unexpected! The last two chapters will both be pretty lengthy and I'll try to get them both out tomorrow.