Chapter 16

Colson pov

Monica was back with two suitcases that looked like they would explode and clothes would fly everywhere. I was curious to know what had taken her so long to get here, it was almost time for dinner.

"Your back!!!" Casie screamed

"That's what I promised!" Monica said.

"Hey." I said giving Monica a quick wave.

"Hey!" She said, she was never this enthused, well around me anyway.

Monica picked up Casie and the disappeared into the living room. I walked upstairs to Dre's room, I needed someone that I could talk to about this.

"What's up Kells?" Dre said.

"Nothing man! Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Yeah, shoot."

"What do you know about Monica?"

Dre's expression changed completely, he looked like I had just asked him to help me murder someone.

"Why?" He asked as he arched his eyebrows.

"No reason, its just you guys have know her all your lives and I'm just now finding out who she is. I need to know who in letting hang out with my daughter and all." I said stiffly.

"Oh that's understandable I thought you were thinking about having sex with her. I was about to say boy you crazy!" He said before laughing.

I felt uncomfortable, was it that easy to tell that I had some type of feelings for her? I thought.

"Well she was an all 'A' student like I'm talking huge ass nerd, carried her own scientific calculator! She's only dated two people, they both ended up cheating on her. I don't know much, ask Slim."

"Oh trust me, that was enough information." I said.

I walked out of his room and walked to the living room to see Casie and Monica watching a 'Strawberry Shortcake' movie. Casie sat in Monica's lap with a bowl of popcorn.

"You eat all that popcorn you won't be able to eat dinner." I said to Casie.

Monica mouthed a quick 'I'm sorry'. The doorbell rung and I knew it was our pizza. Casie raced me to the door and she helped me open it up. The delivery man handed me four boxes of pizza and I swiped my card on his phone.

"Foods here!" I yelled for the whole house to hear me.

Everyone ran down the stairs almost trampling each other. Monica walked in last from the living room after she cut off the movie. We all sat to the table like a big family, me being at the foot of the table.

"Ashley do the honors of blessing the food." Slim said.

"Fine bow y'all heads!" Ashley said.

We all bowed her heads waiting for Ash to do her thing.

"We would like to thank you God for all that you've done. Thanks for giving us beds to lay our heads on, food to put in our mouths and clothes to put on our backs. Most importantly thanks for forming this unit we have, I am blessed to know everyone at this table."

"Amen!" We all said in unity.

"Dang Ash you trying to make me emotional?" Rook joked.

"My dad was preacher, its in my genes." Ashley said.

We all laughed, for the rest of dinner we all shared updates about how our week's went and what we were most excited about for the tour. When everyone finished their food Rook and Dub volunteered to wash the dishes. Everyone else other than Monica, Casie and I were watching Netflix in the living room. It was my little munchkins bedtime.