Chapter 23

Monica pov

It had been an hour since I kissed David and it was truly the only thing on my mind. I thought he was handsome the first night we saw him but I never pictured us doing that especially two days after I had kissed Colson. I was in-between a rock and a hard place and didn't know what to do. After it occurred I walked to my dressing room, I thought it would've been awkward for David if I stayed.

My friend Kellie from back home was the one who called me. She was telling me about how Janine had given my number to her and that she wanted to catch up. We hadn't talked since high school because while I stayed in Cleveland she went off to college all the way in California and broke off communication with everyone.

There was a knock on the door that sort of startled me, it was loud and it echoed.

"Come in!" I yelled from my seat.

My jaw had dropped, it was David and he looked nervous. He never left the bus to do anything, that was practically his home. He ran up to me and planted a kiss on my lips, his hands placed on my waist and mine wrapped around his neck.

"This has been on my mind since I first laid eyes on you." He said pulling us apart.

"Really?" I said through a gasp.

Maybe something did come out of the bus breaking down. No hitch hiking just a new person in my life. I thought.

I couldn't believe he had honestly thought about me, it had been three weeks and that was a terrible period for me. During that time I had lost Janine and had witnessed a schizophrenic threaten her baby's father.

"You are extremely beautiful, out of my league to be honest. When you took the time to actually talk to me it made me feel that you weren't conceited or just unkind. You made me feel like a normal person, hardly anyone who I drive on their tours ever make me feel like a human being. I felt as though you were genuine and like me." David explained.

"Thank you! That means so much and your a genuine person." I responded.

"I don't know how to ask you this so I'll just say it straight up"

"Um, okay. Go for it!"

"Would you like to um... Would you, you know? Be my girlfriend" he said uneasily.

His feet were shifting and his eyes were looking at everything except me. I could tell his heart was jumping.

"Um wow.. What?" I responded.

Is someone this cute literally asking me out? Would he be better than the ones I dated in the past? I thought.

"You don't have to worry about me being a bus driver, Ashley only booked me for three shows. So you don't have to act different while your on the bus. When I get back home I'll be able to go out and get a real job, I just want you and no other girl has ever made me feel this way."

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend, but you don't have to get a job for me or stop being a driver."

"Oh my god, you said yes? What do I do now?" He said.

"You can start by closing the door."

David closed the door and then I grabbed his hands which were sweating profusely.

"Sorry." He said giving me a toothy smile.

"It's fine." I said.

I stepped closer to him and kissed him, he was 6'3and I was 5'3. His hands retrieved back to their usual spot on my waist and mine went back to his neck.

"So girlfriend." He said laughing.

"So boyfriend." I mocked.

Though I was having fun it felt weird to say that I had a boyfriend. Didn't people usually go on a few get togethers before asking someone out. I felt as though I made a pretty quick decision without even thinking of what I was actually doing. I hardly even knew David and I was already kissing him and calling him my boyfriend. Before him, I was kissing Colson and trying to figure out what would become of us. I told him I couldn't do it to Casie or anyone else, but that didn't necessarily mean I had to jump into someone else's arms. What did I even become, this tour couldn't have changed me this fast.

"I need to get back to the bus, I'll see you later?" David asked.

"Ain't no bus like yours!" I said looking down, too busy hating myself for my dumb decision.

David walked out of my dressing room and soon after I left to see what the crew was up to. I walked behind the stage where I saw the guys doing body shots the other day. They were doing the exact same thing today and I wasn't surprised.

That was the reason I could see a future with David but not Colson he wouldn't be able to stay faithful to me. I shook the thoughts of Colson away, I couldn't be thinking of other people now I am with David. That felt weird, being in a relationship I was told that I was very independent and this stuff never went good for me.

I saw Ashley heading towards me and I was happy we didn't really talk this morning, just brushed paths.

"Hey stranger!" Ashley said bringing me into a hug.

"Hey, what's up Ash?" I asked.

"Nothing much just finished hanging out with my boyfriend."

"He's here? Thought he lived in Cleveland, I need to meet this mystery man!"

"He does live there, he decided to come here and surprise me. His name is Jonathan, works on car engines and such."

"Aw that's so sweet!" I exclaimed.

She wasn't the only one who was being surprised. I couldn't tell anyone about David until we got another bus driver. It felt bad to be sitting on this giant secret that came about not even an hour ago. Kissing him was one thing and him becoming my boyfriend was another.

"Would you mind giving Casie some company she's probably bored out of her mind."

"Yesss! Where's the little fashionista?" I asked excitedly.

It was sad that Casie hadn't crossed my mind not one time today, it honestly bothered me. She had meant a lot to me and I couldn't have pictured these last few days without her uplifting my spirits.

"She should be in my dressing room watching TV." Ash said laughing at my comment.

I nodded my head and walked to Ashley's room to see a happy Casie sitting on the couch.

"MONIIII!!!!" Casie yelled as she jumped in my arms.

"Hey Casie! I missed you so much." I said.

It had been one day and I felt like I had been separated from this child for months. I could openly say I loved Casie like she was my blood and she would be here for the rest of my time on earth.

"I thought you left me!" Casie said sounding sad.

"I would never, I'm always going to be here for you precious!"

"You promise?"

"Where's your pinky?"

Casie stuck out her pinky and I pinky promised her that I would never leave and that I loved her to infinity. I always dreamed that one day I'd get married, have three kids, and a good paying job. Never thought that I'd meet people like Casie, Colson, Ashley, and now David.

Casie and I laid on the couch watching movies and eating junk food, this would become our after show ritual.