Chapter 2 - I Still Hate His Guts

Chapter 2 – I Still Hate His Guts

I entered the great hall after taking my stack of books to the common room; I was laughed at the whole way, curse my younger brother.

I sat down at the Gryffindor table next to my best friend, Aradella; but people call her Aria. Her mom is Luna Lovegood, doesn’t really know who her dad is; neither does her mom.

She has blond white hair that waved till it touched her butt; it was very pretty, just like her moms. She had straight bangs, and dark blue eyes, with pale skin, on which her ruby red lips shone out. She rubbed off a little from her mom, like believing in un-real things, but she isn’t really insane.

“Hey what’s up?” I asked scooting in next too her.

She looked up from a magazine, on which I could guess what it was.

“Just reading the new Quibbler my mom made, she wanted me to try it out first. Did you know your uncle Harry just caught three Undesirables? He is a crazy good Auror, don’t you think?”

I grabbed my fork, “Really? Hm, his record is all five at a time, he must be really disappointed.”

“Disappointed?” She asked confused.

“Oh yeah,” I answered taking a bite of my potatoes. “After you get an Outstanding on your test, and then an Exceeds Expectations; wouldn’t you feel bad?”

She sighed in thought, “I guess your right, oh, and my mom sent you one too, just in case.”

“Yay,” I said sarcastically.

She wacked me in the arm with it and threw it on the table in front of me, as I took a sip of pumpkin juice.

“Nah, it’s alright, you can keep it until tonight; I need to run to the library anyways.”

“What?” She asked offended as she did yesterday, then pointed at my plate. “You have only eaten a scoop of mashed potatoes and a goblet of pumpkin juice; you still have to be hungry.”

“I am,” I answered as I stood up. “But hunger won’t stop me, and you know it, there’s dinner tonight anyways.”

She rolled her eyes taking the Quibbler off the table offended. “You said that yesterday and never showed up.”

“I promise I will be there tonight.”

“Promise?” She asked.

“Promise.” I answered.

And then I ran for the door, feeling a little shaken up for some reason.

I reached the library and looked up a book, which had every potion that has existed A-Z and the ingredients.

“Ah-ha,” I said as I took it out on the top shelf.

I found an empty table and sat down, starting at the A’s.

Then a shadow hovered over me, and I didn’t dare to look up to know who it was.

“Go away Malfoy.” I muttered.

But he sat down in front of me anyways. “I thought it was a group thing, and the last time I checked, we were partners.”

I put down my book mark between the pages and looked up at him.

“Well, it’s your lucky day; I will be doing all the work, so go away!”

“Not so fast Weasley, I am already here, and I am helping. Get over it!”