Chapter 12 - Chapstick

Chapter 12

I stalked the halls, worried and very heartbroken. Why did I argue against being the girlfriend of a Malfoy?  I know why, it’s because I panicked. What do you think everyone would have done; keep it a secret from my parents? Hell no, they very much would had happily told them, but I was the idiot who said no. The look on Scorpius’ face, the anger, sadness and total humiliation; it wanted to kill me. Was I even right for him? Was it all a dream? I almost physically punched myself for such an insult. I looked around, but never found him, every floor, empty classrooms, the quidditch pitch, the grounds, I even became so desperate, almost the forbidden forest. But tonight was a full moon, I knew my Scorpius would never try and kill himself… there I go again, I just said “My Scorpius.”

            I sighed, what’s the number one place I have not checked yet…? I finally realized it; the Slytherin Common room. Would I go? Did I have the guts? No I didn’t, maybe tomorrow? No, still couldn’t; would he ever come out?  Eventually, he needs to eat. I had a feeling I was going crazy, of course he would come out! The sun was finally setting behind the castle, as I was standing outside. I took a deep breath, as it came out as steam and dissolved into the air; I went inside. Up the stairs, through the portrait, and into the common room. I saw my family sitting around the fire, talking, goofing around, and maybe some even asked me something. But my mind was blank, I couldn’t think, I couldn’t register what they were saying. I went into my room, got in bed, and pulled the covers over my head. I fell into a very deep depressing sleep.

*Dream*

“Dammit Malfoy!” I yelled throwing a vile of shredded unicorn horn all over the floor.

“Dammit Weasley!” He mocked me, picking up a vile of giant tears throwing them too the floor as well.

I groaned frustrated. “If you wanted to be such a rude, slime ball, of a Slytherin, you could have just told me instead of wasting your time being nice! A deal? With trying to date me? While you have a girlfriend?”

He chuckled wickedly, “You had no heart, just did it for the brains, and you never loved me! You were just as slimy as I was! With a boyfriend as well!”

“Wrong!” I yelled back. “I broke up with him the second after you kissed me! And now you think I am so special? You only did it for money, which hurt Malfoy, it hurt badly!”

But he didn’t smirk this time; he looked at the ground confused. “Know what Weasley, your right, it does hurt badly. I feel the same, why don’t we act as if any of this, never happened. Alright Weasley?”

Do I really want that? All the times he held my hand, the warmth of his that spread through mine. All the times he kissed me, touched me, which gave me hope and a smile to my face. Do I really want us to end? I loved him, I truly do, but I found out the truth, and the truth was something that I didn’t like, but had to handle. I was gasping for air, thinking of us splitting, me, a Gryffindor, found love with a Slytherin. But the question was, did he love me? I put the second vile of unicorn horn on the table slowly; I closed my eyes stopping the tears, while I was in front of him.

I nodded, turned around and walked ten agonizing steps too the classroom door.

“Good by Scorpius.” I whispered, although I knew he wouldn’t hear me.

I knew I loved him, but it was too late. I already had messed everything up; I missed him already, every second away from him felt like pain. But this had to be done, loving him was the hardest thing anyone could do. And I put up with that pain, for him, for me.