Chapter 5 - The Shrieking Shack

Chapter 5 – The Shrieking Shack

“James, Albus, as much as I want to take off every toilet seat in the girls bathroom, I just can’t right now. As much as I don’t want too, I need to work on my homework. I’ve already forgot to do some homework while I was puking my guts out. And then I missed a whole day of school and ended up in the hospital wing again. So, sorry.” I said, as I was sitting on my knees in front of the common room table and fire.

“Aw,” James said. “Come on, it won’t be the same without you. Albus doesn’t stop laughing at everything like an idiot every time. You make it feel… cool.”

I smiled at his supposed to be compliment. “Thanks James, but I really need to work on my homework. And if my mom gets a letter that I haven’t turned in homework over two days. She will freak out; I do not want a howler like I got in my fourth year. That was a nightmare.”

Albus sighed. “Alright, but when your off the hook later, your going to do a prank no matter what, alright?”

I smiled. “Right.”

Then they left, having a small brown bag that there were going too stuff with tiny toilet seats after they shrank them. I sighed, then turned my head towards the table and started answering questions on a piece of parchment. Then Rodney came in, and walked over to me, and sat down next to me. He took out his books, a couple parchments and his quill and began working too.

“So,” He muttered. “Where do you want to go for Halloween?”

I thought for a moment. “One, not that horrible valentine shop, I’d rather kill myself than go in there.”

“Oh,” Rodney said a little nervous.

“Ooh!” I said excited now, I put my quill down. “I always wanted to go into the shrieking shack, what do you think? I mean, it’s Halloween, and my parents had told me tons of stories about a teacher here who used to turn into a werewolf when my grandparents were kids. And he went into the shrieking shack so he couldn’t harm anyone; I really want to see the damage!”

Rodney gulped. “Werewolf?”

“Yeah, why? Whats wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing,” He answered, pulling at his collar. “But I just remembered I will have a paper due that day.”

“Aw,” I said a little disappointed. “Well, alright; yeah, maybe some other time.”

“Yeah, some other time.” He said weakly taking his items and running into his room.

I sighed but decided to finish my homework.

* * * * * * * *

“Whats up with the short notice? I thought after last night me and you would rather get a Troll than anything else. I mean, I know my mom will kill me, and my dad isn’t really the type who cares about work, since he was horrible at potions. But still; after the explosion, I am not really looking forward too another potion making session.” I babbled on.

Malfoy rolled his eyes stirring in the rats tail again. “I did my studying last night, and I know what to add in. Stop worrying so much, and learn too talk less.”

I sighed and crossed my arms, “So… what are you doing for Halloween, since it’s only a week away?”

He shrugged. “My mom will send me a bag of candy; I will go to Hogsmeade and play some pranks on Hufflepuffs. Then go back too the castle, why would you want to know? I thought you had plans with that Mud-Blood.”