Chapter 44

Ji Woo sat up and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She was plunged with nightmares again. Shaking her head, her small feet touched the floor as she pads to the kitchen quietly. Once reaching the kitchen, she tiptoes to turn on the lights for the room but she was too small. She pouts before trying one more time to no avail.

Letting out a huff of annoyance, she walks into the kitchen carefully. She found the small stool that Seokjin left in there for Min Jun and her. By the time she stepped onto the stool, her eyes were accustomed to the darkness. Her mouth opens to a yawn once again as she slowly pours water into her cup.

Grabbing her cup, she gets down from the stool and walks out of the kitchen. She took a drink as her eyes wandered to a white curtain moving slightly from time to time due to the open windows that Hoseok has opened for 'air to flow through'. She walks towards it before drawing the curtain aside to reveal a full length window.

She froze as she was astounded by the beauty of the landscape in front of her. She knew they stayed in Gangnam but whenever they returned back, she was asleep in one of the older's arms or it was daytime. Her right hand comes up and presses against the glass, measuring the building next to her hand. She giggles, feeling quite entertained with the scene in front of her.

She lifted her head up after a while and gasped. Stars filled the sky while below the starry night, the city lights were shining brightly. She was entranced by the view and stood there not moving. Her mind flickers back a similar scene. But her parents were behind her smiling widely, cooing at her cuteness. And as if her mind was playing with her, she was thrown back into reality. Stepping back, a hand comes to her mouth as she remembered that scene. She was a crawling toddler that couldn't talk but there wasn't any memory of him.

"Ji Woo?" Taehyung calls out, yawning.

She whips her head around to stare at her Appa. "Why are you awake?" he asks and when it was met by silence, he looks at her.

"Appa..." she breathes out, looking like she was going to cry.

He took two strides and scooped her into his arms. "What is wrong princess?" he asks as she clings onto his shirt.

"I remember," she whispers.

"What do you remember?" he asks, feeling really lost.

"Can you please wake Mi- Sugar Appa," she requested softly.

He found it weird since she knew not to wake the second oldest Appa for no reason. He sets her down on the couch and turns to go wake Yoongi up. Quietly tip toeing into the only non-shared room, he heads over to the sleeping figure and softly pokes him. "Hyung. Wake up," he whispers but all he got was groans. "Hyung."

"Go away," the older mumbles sleepily.

"Ji Woo wants to talk to you," Taehyung replies, praying that he doesn't get hit for waking him up.

Yoongi groans like a small kid. He gets up like a sloth before grabbing his pillow. "I'll be back," he whispers to the bed and trudges out of the room in his thin white shirt and black shorts, hair sticking everywhere.

Yawning loudly, he sits next to Ji Woo, snuggling into the pillow. Ji Woo giggles at sleepy Yoongi who looked really cute. "What do you want Ji Woo?" he mutters moodily.

"Appa, I remember," she simply says and Yoongi's brain doesn't register what she meant. "Appa. He isn't my dad."

"Who?" he asks, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.

"Appa!" she exclaims, unimpressed before pouting. "The man that Min Junnie and I say is our father. He isn't my real father."

"How do you know," Yoongi asks, sleepiness slowly leaving his body.

"That scene outside," she points to the glass window and his eyes follow to the starry sky. "I had a flashback. Of my real parents. I don't think I am six this year Appa..."

"How old do you think you are?" he asks, ditching the pillow to the side.

"Eight years old?" she suggests, knowing that till she finds her parents, she wouldn't know.

She looks at Yoongi who was deep in thought. "Appa?" she calls out softly and he lifts his head to look at her. "What if... my memory is correct?"

"That will be a good thing," he replies without thinking but his heart squeezed thinking about it.

She looks down to her lap as her tiny hands gripped the edge of the couch. "Is it...?" she asks as her voice broke at the end of the question.

The rapper widens his eyes before leaning over to scoop her into his lap. Her hands immediately gripped onto his shirt as she buries her face into the fabric. "Appa... I'm afraid..." she whispers. "I don't want that memory to be real. I don't want to meet my real parents. If they were my parents, they would have came to find me but they didn't."

"Ji Woo ah... Your parents may have been looking for you all along but you don't know. But they may be dead, you have to be prepared," he replies, softly stroking her hair.

"I don't care Appa. They can be alive or dead, I don't care," she states firmly, looking straight into his eyes before looking back down, gripping the cotton tighter. "I don't want this to end..."

Same... Yoongi closes his eyes. Why was this scene like a drama? Kid realizes that her life been a lie and turns out to be the child of the richest family in Korea but the only thing is that, they had no clue who Ji Woo's parents were. He hugs her lightly, lifting her slightly. "Don't be afraid Ji Woo... Appa is here. We'll think about something," he whispers comfortingly.

"What about Min Jun?" she asks. "Wouldn't he be absolutely crushed Appa? Min Jun thinks that we're twins. But we're not. How am I going to tell him? I can't tell him! He's so young and innocent! App-"

"Sh..." he whispers, pulling her closer to him. "Everything will be okay. Sleep first okay? If not, you wouldn't be able to play with the others tomorrow. Let Appa worry about it okay?"

He smiles sweetly and she sighs before getting comfortable on his lap. After a while, she fell asleep. Yoongi stares at the glass window separating Seoul and him. The sky was now red but the lights were still turned on. He knew he wasn't going to sleep. He had a hard time falling asleep the night before after Seokjin had talked to him about the twins' story. His mind were swimming with what ifs and different scenarios.

Rubbing his eyes tiredly and wrecking his brain to think of someway to tell Min Jun, Jimin groggily walks into the living room. "Hyung... I was cold," he whimpers before lying down next to the older.

"Stop acting like I'm your boyfriend brat," he says with an eye roll as he runs his hand through the younger's hair.

"But you're warm and nice to cuddle," he replies, leaning into the touch.

"Shut up," the latter replies.

Jimin then curls up and falls asleep. He continued thinking and when Seokjin snapped him back to reality, he realized that he had been thinking for around an hour. Min Jun skips out before stopping. He saw his twin lying in her favourite Appa's lap and his favourite Appa sleeping next to Yoongi's thigh. He moves closer and plays with Jimin's soft locks, fascinated. Jimin moves slightly. "Go away hyung..." he mutters tiredly in Busan satoori and Min Jun giggles.

Yoongi stares at the youngest with wide eyes. Jungkook came out and stubbed his toe against a table leg. He immediately cursed in Busan satoori, earning a glare from the second oldest but he was too preoccupied. "Kookie Appa... Don't curse~" Min Jun says happily in satoori while continuing to play with Jimin's hair and laughs.

Jungkook was about to retort before he realized who said it. He stares at the young boy who obviously didn't think twice before replying. His gaze meets with the rapper. 'Hyung we need to have a serious talk,' he mouths and Yoongi nods.