[5]

Inspired by: readers commenting that Subin's death isn't real and that she's alive hence this short, alternative ending

-

"Unnie, annyeong."

She stirs, shifting lightly. The small girl on the bed widens her eyes and stares at the older. "Unnie..." she calls out, tears appearing from her eyes. "Unnie?"

The patient scrunches her face as her eyes flutter open. She stares at the girl on her lap. "Jiwoo..." she mutters, shifting slightly. "Why are you on my lap?"

"Unnie!" she cries out latching herself upon the older.

The older flinches but slowly wraps her arms around the younger. "What's wrong, Jiwoo?" she asks, gently caressing Jiwoo's head.

The sobs intensify and the door opens to reveal Junhoe. The male's eyes widen and freezes at the door. "Su-Subin..." he calls out unbelievingly.

He is immediately pushed aside and as he stumbles, a presence was next to her. She looks up at the person and then smiles softly. "Hi there..." she whispers out.

The person raises their hand and gently touches her cheek. Tears suddenly brim his eyes as a half-smile takes over. "You're... really here," the person stutters as he cups her face gently. "You scared me... us..."

She looks at him, not understanding. Nurses and doctors come in and they usher everyone out of the room. When the check-ups finished, she understands that her heart stopped beating and was actually declared dead but somehow her heart started beating again. And there was no answer for that.

You're lucky.

They say but she knew better. A God out there gave her a chance to live once again. And her knowing that her time wasn't up, comforted her. She smiles when they all leave, reminding her to rest up. After a while of peace, the door bursts open.

The twins make a bee line to her first, jumping on her bed and doesn't stop talking about everything during her coma state. BTS just surrounds them with relieved smiles and then soon slip away to practice and produce. As the twins and her interacted, the day turned dark. Soon, the twins were picked up by a staff from BigHit.

Subin leans back, staring out to the dark sky. A smile curls up on her face then she faces forward, shutting her eyes. The soft opening of the door stirs her slightly and her eyes flicker open to see a male figure. Sleep. was all he said and her eyes voluntarily fall shut.

When her eyes open once again, the sun was rising and she tries to move to find that her right hand was held. She looks down to see someone holding her hand. She then vaguely remembering the male figure that entered her room late last night. Her eyes trail further and it seemed to be that that same person fell asleep next to her.

She shifts to see who it was whilst trying not to wake the person up. But it fails and the male stirs, slowly raising his head. The familiar features made her heart warm as smiles take over both their features. They stay silent — but that was all they needed. Their hand hold tightens and she shifts for him to lie next to her.

He gets in readily and lays his left arm across, offering it as her pillow but she gently refuses and points to the pillow. They lay their heads on the pillow and stare at each other. Suddenly, Subin feels shy and looks away, feeling her cheeks heat up. He simply chuckles and she pouts.

His hand runs through her hair and she frowns. "My hair must be greasy," she complains and he laughs.

"Trust you to say that as your first thing to me," he teases, pinching her nose lightly, laughing once again.

Silence falls both of them once again. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asks in a gentle tone, barely above a whisper.

Her head lowers slightly as she smiles bitterly. "I didn't think this would happen," she replies honestly. "It seemed so sure I was going to pass. At that point, I knew I had to return to say goodbye even if it would hurt me. I didn't plan for me and you to end like that but... I guess things changed and I thought it would be easier and better for you if I just made the break, distancing myself and not even seeing you."

He cups her face gently, a look of adoration filling his eyes. "Look at my eyes..." he says and his meets hers. "What do you see?"

She suddenly feels extremely vulnerable and her heart pounds. She feels like a small girl once again when she was powerless, just this time with someone who will step up to protect her, take care of her and nurture her wounds. "I will never judge you no matter what you did, Subin," he says. "Didn't we establish this ages ago? Right before you went."

She blushes, half from embarrassment and half from the intensity of his eyes that he was giving her. "I know... but still," she tries and he hushes her.

"Subin, I will never, ever, judge you. And your reasoning makes sense, being self-sacrifical, but... maybe you could have shared and I would have spent more time with you being happy, cherishing the last few moments with you, hugging you tighter, kissing you, who knows..." he says with a playful smile and he gets smacked in the chest.

He smiles and leans closer, planting a forehead kiss. "I'm glad you're back," he murmurs, sending thanks to a God above for allowing her to return back to his arms despite everything.

"Thank you for waiting, Hanbin."