"A Certain Little Core..."

Author's Note: Chell isn't talking, guys, she's typing. It's hard to make it seem like it, but she's using Ellowyn's PC.

"Alright, before I tell you all of this, just remember that it's true and I could even show you if I wanted to. I was worried that I would tell you, but I think it's best if you knew."

"Well, you made us find an abandoned house just so you could say it so I'm assuming that you want me to keep it a secret?" she asked.

"Yes, I do. I'm glad you understand that much," I typed, a bit more relaxed.

"Okay, I'm all ears."

"Alright, so, how did it start...? I uh, I don't know how this happened but I woke up in some place called 'Aperture' and it's like...there are tests. And they're all based around this cool gun that makes portals. You walk through one, you come out the other."

"Wh-what? Chell, do you have the gun with you? And I thought you said this has to do with that guy you've been talking to?" She asked, sounding excited and serious.

"Hang on Ellowyn. Slow down. I'll explain it to you, I promise. And no, sorry, I don't have the gun. You'll know what happened to it at the end of the story."

Ellowyn sighed. I hope she understands this. I really hope she actually believes it too.

"Okay, so I woke up and I heard someone's voice. It was a girl, a robot. A robot supercomputer. She ruled Aperture and hang in a large chamber. But most of the things are just pre-recorded. She welcomed me to a small white room. When I walked out, I saw myself in a jumpsuit. It was the orange one that I wore the day you met me."

"You mean that 183 jumpsuit?"

"Yes, that one. Please believe me when I say the rest."

She nodded.

"Okay, so basically, after that, I just tested with the gun and a cube and some buttons and so much more complicated things. And I know what you're thinking. You think it's fun. It isn't. It's hell to know that you've been taken away from your family so you could be put in some facility so you can test a gun, then they kill you. It's hell."

"I understand, please continue."

I sighed and tried to calm myself down. I hated the subject.

"So I just tested. I tested more and more and more. Turrets and buttons and cubes and acid and platforms and pellets and the same thing another ten times. It felt like weeks, but I know it was only a few hours. After so so many tests, I got on another platform. The platform moved ever so slowly into a fire pit," I typed, sounding surprised myself.

"A-a fire pit? Are you really sure that happened? How did you get out?!"

"Don't worry. I used the gun to escape and made my way to her. When I found her, I found some metal ball things, called cores, and threw them into an incinerator before she killed me with poison. After that, and I don't know what exactly happened, I blacked out and I rose to the surface. Somehow, I was brought back."

"I'm confused. Why does she want to do that to you?"

"I don't know Ellowyn. She just wants to...I don't even know. She just makes us feel like dirt. But what happened after I woke up again was, I actually met another core. THAT'S who I've been talking to, was that core."

"What?! What if he's evil?! How--"
She cut herself off.

"He isn't evil. He helped me get out, but after we found her, he put himself in her chassis. Then he was just power mad. He hated my guts all of a sudden and he turned the supercomputer to a potato. Our only way of getting out was to cooperate together. And we did."

"That sounds rough... So...Wheatley isn't evil? But you said that he tried to kill you, he hated your guts."

"That was the body. I'm stopping there. I hate bringing this up, but it's really making me uncomfortable. The only reason I brought it up was so that I could tell you what he said."

"Do you need me to take care of him?"

I chuckled a bit. "No, Ellowyn, he's my friend now. You can't see him though. He isn't here. He's...somewhere else. I wish I could see him. But...when he was in her body, he also had cores on him. One of them was adventurous. He was called the Adventure Core, and he seems like he would be the one to do this. So while Wheatley was sending an audio clip, he interrupted and said that Wheatley has a crush on me."

"I wouldn't believe the guy. He probably just wants to embarrass Wheatley."

"Well, yes. He does want to embarrass Wheatley, but I'm pretty sure it's true. Wheatley seemed a bit nervous about the subject. He stuttered more and he even told me not to let that stop me from showing any affection to him. So, that could only mean that he does like me."

"So? What's it to me?"

"You know me. You know that I don't know the first thing about dating guys or anything about that."

"So you're saying that you want to be with him?"

"No! I'm not saying that. But it's gonna get way too awkward if he starts telling me that he likes me and I don't know how to respond. And he's still the only guy friend I have, so he does mean a lot to me."

"Well I've only had 2 boyfriends. But I guess, just be yourself. You seem to do a great job of that. Or if you want him to like you, just act how you acted when you thought that he did like you."

"Thanks. Also, do you even believe my story?"

"Barely."

"Good. Because there's a certain little core who's found himself a certain little mute."