Chapter 02: Meet Ellowyn

He and I took about three hours to get back. And, as expected, he was just as cheerful and nice as before. Every now and again questions about each other would pop up. A few times he asked me if I still had the audio files saved to the computer. I had to put up a finger, my signal for wait, because I wanted to get home before we discussed anything like such.

"Oh, and uh, Ellowyn! Does she...does she know about anything? Because you know I promised, you remember that I promised right? I did promise."

Ellowyn. I immediately felt bad. I just basically broke a promise. Even if I didn't promise, we agreed that we wouldn't tell her anything and I went and told her probably the most private thought he has. Me. And how he likes me. I was a bit curious about how he'll act when he's not in Aperture.

We came up to the street that the broadcast center was at. I walked in to see Ellowyn sitting in a chair and the lady waiting for me. She knew me now, I'd been here quite a bit.

"Oh, hello Chell. I see you've brought a friend."

"Yep, that's me," he said from behind me.

"So you're here for another letter I assume?" She asked, reaching under the counter for a computer.

I shook my head, causing her facial expression to turn to confused. She didn't ask about anything. I signed myself in and I signed in for Wheatley too. I planned on introducing Wheatley to Ellowyn, hoping they could be friends. I walked over to the seat next to her's, causing her to perk up from her tablet.

"Oh, hey. When did you walk in? Did you make another friend?" She asked.

I wasn't really sure whether to say yes or no, so I motioned Wheatley to answer.

"Oh, uh, I'm her friend. You could say that. You've probably heard of me. It's Wheatley, been to space and back, yes I know."

She set the tablet she was holding on her lap and looked directly at Wheatley.

"Aren't you supposed to be some robot or something?" she asked.

"Uh, well, yes actually. I was. I was changed actually, half-human now. I still have some functions like uh, I can turn on and off my flashlight eyes," he bragged, showing her his features.

Her face was filled with shock. She looked at me for an explanation. I thought she already knew. After a few minutes of an awkward silence, she looked back up from her tablet again and at Wheatley, nervously.

"Well, uh, nice to meet you I guess. It's Ellowyn. Ha-happy to make new friends. You know where we are right?"

"Actually, I don't. Where?" He said, looking around.

"Uh, well, this is basically the place where Chell here typed all of those messages to you. She's been here a lot," she said, looking at me a bit. "I'm about to head out, you two can stay here if you want."

I nodded. That was the best way I could tell her that we just wanted to say hi. I signed out and followed my friend out the door, looking back every now and again to make sure he was still behind me. Ellowyn turned right and we had to continue straight for a couple of blocks. We went around Lakeview Avenue.

"Ooh... So that's-that's water, right? It uh, well, I can touch it and I'm safe around it, but lets just try to keep away from it. I'm just not comfortable being around it. Fears, really."

I nodded and continued walking for about ten minutes. We finally turned left and entered my apartment. I reached into my pocket and pulled out an even smaller key than the one that was for Aperture. I pushed it into the lock and turned it around gently. The door creaked open and Wheatley looked around a bit.

I was about to turn on the light, but I saw him with his flashlights on. I tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to the light switch. I didn't want his eyes to get hurt. Then I thought about how his eyes would probably be fine because he's still a robot, so they wouldn't have to adapt. I switched it on and walked into my living room.

I wondered about how he felt to be back. He looked pretty happy, in fact, he was smiling most of the time. So he was basically the same. Only he had legs and arms and a fully-functional human body.

He kinda just walked around a bit and looked at a few things. A house was so new to him. Everything was.