Chapter 05: Everything Except For Forgiving Me

She still looked a bit dumbfounded from the hug. I just felt like it was...what I should've done right then. Felt like I was supposed to hug her, I mean, I was happy. It just reassures me-that's what she's trying to do. She wants me to know that she still cares, only she doesn't show it too much.

Well, can't be mad at her, heavens no. She's still my friend, and I don't blame her for anything she's ever done before. She has rights as a woman, I mean, anyone would've done the same thing she did.

Everything except for forgiving me.

I'm still shocked that she forgives me at all. But I'm happy. It's a good feeling, it is. It's just insane to think that after all of that, we're here, And that's another reason why I like her so much. I like her company, no matter how unnoticeable it can be with her silence, and I still feel like I should get more into it with her. Obviously, I'm choosing to wait.

She's clearly not comfortable with it, and I'm okay with that. She doesn't feel the same way evidently, and that, well, I guess I'm okay with.

She looked over at me. She either wanted me to go do something or she wanted me to come with her somewhere.

"Uh, yeah? Something you need?" I asked.

She replied with a small nod and a soft hand placed on my wrist.

"Uh, okay, so we're...going somewhere?"

She nodded again. She closed the laptop that still had her caring words on it and walked towards the door, my hand now in hers. She let go to pull out the key, which slid into the lock and turned. Walking down the stairs, I just thought about where we're going or what we're doing.