Would You? (MiniCat)

I watched him die in my arms. My beloved Tyler sat there dying and I couldn't do a goddamn thing about it. To be honest I felt like I was dying to. I had a excruciating pain that was in my heart and I knew that it would only grow.

He looked up at me, his once lively eyes fading to a dull shine. His lips wore a smile a and he said, "This is so fucking cheesy," he paused to cough blood, "But I'm glad to die in your arms."

Then he closed his eyes his lips going slack after he muttered 3 words. I cried while cladding his body in my arms. To think only a minute before we were walking down the street hand in hand. Me and him were coming home from a date.

He took to me to a garden. The flowers were all bloomed and the aroma was amazing. To top it off was a small picnic. We had nothing to fancy, just peanut butter and jelly samwhiches and some Doritos.

We had a great time, talking and cuddling under the stars. It was a beautifully night, every star shining the brightest I've seen them.

Then we walked home and 2 drunk dudes looked at up and called us fags. Tyler didn't stand for that and he fought both, knocked 'em both out cold to. The thing is 1 pulled out a switchblade mid fight and embedded it into his side.

It's a gruesome and torturous sight to see a lover die, protecting you.

.:.

I walked into our apartment. It's been 2 weeks since the 'accident' as most people call it.

And I can't fucking stand it. It wasn't an accident, he stabbed Tyler on purpose just because we were holding hands. So, no you idiots. Never, ever say it was an accident in deny if me.

I felt my eyes water at the thought. I've cried all week, just a waterfall of tears. I'm starting to wonder how many pounds I've lost from shedding so much weight.

I walked to the dinning room, which had most of my stuff. I couldn't sleep in our room. It didn't feel right. So I stay up all night on a couch, watching anything that can distract me.

In fact I was about to do it, when I saw the dreaded envelope on the table. Supposedly it was Tyler's will and I set it down till I was ready, and hey there's no time like the present right?

Slowly I sank down into one for the uncomfortable dinning room tables. Grabbing the envelope I ripped it open and poured the contents out. I moved stacks of papers some had been labeled our friends names, some for his relatives, and finally the one that had Dearest Craig.

Manning up I decided that I would open the letter and what I read was...nice. It was like I could hear his voice, a distant whisper.

Dearest Craig,
If you're reading this I'm gone, but do please stay strong. This is the most fucking formal and one of the saddest things I've had to write. In any case I have some instructions for you, please don't skin ahead. Do each step before reading the next.

1- Get your keys off the coat hook and unlock the sink cabinets in the kitchen.

I did as the first step said and grabbed my keys. Soon I was standing in the kitchen in front of the cabinet. With shaking hands and blurry vision I managed to unlock it on my 6th try. Inside it was a black box with a key hole, it was tiny. Probably the sort you'd find jewelry in.

2- Open the black box with the key taped underneath it.

I grabbed said key and inserted it after many tries and many tears. When I could even make out the shape I let out a guttural scream, while my throat was raw and my vision blurred more. The text was almost unrecognizable by how much it merged together. Yet I could read it.

3- My darling, your were and still are my world. In death I will still watch, I will still love, and I will still remember your smile. And even in death I would hear your answer, so hear it goes.

If I got down on one knee and presented you with that ring, would you say yes?

"Yes, goddammit Tyler! Yes, a million fucking times YES! There should've been no would you's. You should've known that I loved you and I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry I didn't express that enough. Tyler, you stupid, ignorant, son of a bitch! I love you so fucking much, and it hurts my heart to continue without you..." I knew my voice was straining.

My throat was raw from the screaming and my eyes burned from crying. I wanted to see him in front of me on one knee, but that would never happen. Not in this life time.

----------
The end is crappy. I'm an emotional wreck (blame anime). Also sorry it's kinda short.

See ya, Humans
-Marsh