Truth in Lies [SeaMexican]

A boy named Adam was known as the 'Boy who cried wolf' to his village. He earned the title by always running by the villagers and sprouting a random lie. Most of the time his lies were absurd, but it still scared the villagers. 

 As of right now he was about to run down the main road yelling about blob fish, and how there is going to be an invasion. But before he could do that he spotted the son of the people who basically owned the island. He was sitting on a tree stump with his head in his hands. His hair was everywhere and his once nice clothes were now mattered with dirt. 

 Soon Adam was approaching the boy. He touched his shoulder and was met with a slap, to his hand. 

 "Go away!" The boy shouted. 

 "Nah, this is my favorite tree." Adam replied with a kind smile, while sitting next to the boy. 

 "So, I was here first!" The boy replied. 

 "Why don't we share the tree, you can stay where you are and I can sit on the other side." Adam said, hoping to resolve the problem. 

 "Go ahead," The boy huffed while turning his head away from Adam's face. 

 "By the way, can I get your name?" Adam asked.

 "Max," Was the blunt reply. 

 "'Kay Max, you can come to my side of the tree any time you want. If you do I might even tell you a story~" Adam told the boy, Max. In a singsong voice.  

 Then Adam went to his side of the ancient oak. It was quiet and was near the edge of a cliff so he could look over the tiny village he could call home. It was just amazing to look at all the people below him and know how wonderful they all are. 

 That each one of those people dealt with his lies and dealt with him, 'The Liar' as most called him. Honestly he couldn't have a better place to live at. 

 Soon he was brought out of his trance by a tap on his shoulder. He looked to see a puffy eyed Max sitting beside him with a scowl. 

 "Hurry up before I change my mind!" He told Adam. 

 "Okie Dokie!" Adam said and quickly thought of a good story. 

 "One day there was a brave warrior and his name was Derpius," At the first line Adam got a small giggle from Max. He paused for a brief second and continued the first of the many stories they'd share. 

-----------10 Years?-----------

 I was angry. 

 Max's caretaker (Minx) had been a liar. He had been a master criminal, and his band of pirates were here.

 At the first sight of them I went into the village started shouting and warning them fro the attack to come. Yet none of them believed me. They just chased me out of their vicinity, shouting at me to stop my lying ways. 

 Soon I was sitting at the ancient Oak tree. It had become even more gnarled since we were kids. I laughed and put my hand over words we carved into it's trunk. 

 Derpius the Great

 Honestly I am so glad I decided to cheer him up. He just lost his parents and had run away from his estate. Like right now he was mad at me. Mad that I even dare accuse Minx. I wasn't even allowed over there anymore. 

 I put my head in my hands and started to cry, like Max was the first time I found him. Then something clicked. Minx was a pirate. Minx didn't just want Max's fortune. She wanted his life!

 As quick as my legs could carry me I ran to his estate. I got there to see Minx holding a knife to Max's throat. I quickly opened my bag and grabbed a knife of my own and threw it at Minx. It hit her chest and she fell limp. Max immediately fell to the floor and just looked at me in shock.

 I went over there and grabbed his hands and looked him in the eyes. 

 "Are you okay? Did Derpius the Great sa-" I said before feeling a pain in my side. Minx had taken her knife and plunged it in my side. 

 "Adam!" Max yelled, and started putting pressure on the wound. I was losing to much blood. I was gonna die. 

 "Max," 

 "Adam, no, no, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening!" 

 "Max I have to go, but just know that," He paused to cough up blood.

 "Max I lo-ove you," He managed to choke out before going limp. 

 That was the first truth he told.

-------------

I'm so mean yo you guys, sorry. Anyways 782 words, not edited.

See ya, Humans

~Marsh