The Pattern Is Broken, But Someone Was Hurt [H20Vanoss]

Welcome to my 150 votes and 2K (almost 3k) reads celebration one-shot. Be ready because your in for a great time and for the long haul, good luck. Also tell me what you think the timeline is      -Marsh.

....1....

I was at the funeral of my latest servant. His name was Tyler and was by far the best servant I have ever had. He was kind and he was the first one to have enough courage to joke around with me. He was the first one to treat me like an actual human being and not just an emotionless royal prick. I was very sad when I heard he had been diagnosed with lung cancer and if not treated, would die.

The first thing I did was go to my father and demand for him to get him treated. Of course I was automatically dismissed, him telling me that "He is just a servant and when he dies, he can be replaced. So don't ever come to me for such a petty thing as a servants life ever again, okay?" My reply to that was to stomp away, but not before I turned around and gave him a look of absolute hatred.

Just thinking about made my blood boil. Though I calmed myself enough to pay attention to the funeral.

"-ow his highness will now come up and give a speech."

I slowly got up and held back the tears that were threatening to spill down my face, I'd imagine them to look like waterfalls by how much effort it is taking to hold them back. Sniffling I cracked a small, sad smile. I got up and made my way to the podium. Tyler was yet another taken by the curse. The curse that killed all my servants. Everybody knew, yet nobody acknowledged it. It was an unspoken pact to not mention it in front of me. Yet I could hear the servants talk, always afraid to serve me or even look at me. It was honestly one of the worst feelings, but I couldn't blame them I mea-

"Please your highness, give your speech,"

"Oh yeah, sorry," I said rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly. My expression darkened and I began my speech.

"Tyler Wilde was by far the best servant I have ever had. He was kind and daring. He treated me like someone would a friend and that's what I loved most about him. His willingness to be someone's friend, no matter who they are. Actually that was one of the many good traits about him. Tyler could look at someone and pick out their flaws, yet he always kept to himself. Yes, he could be harsh at times but it is just part of his personality.

So when I heard that he was gonna die I wanted to do something, but I was too late. And thanks to that my good friend and butler is now going 6 feet under. I'm s-sorry everyone. I failed. A-Anyways I have taken enough of your time. " I said and quickly got off the podium. I made my way back to my seat, keeping my head down to avoid any particularity nasty looks.

Soon I was sitting through the burial and staring at the grave stone that towered over the freshly packed dirt. It read:

Tyler Wilde

190X-223X

Amazing Person and Son,

Suddenly the angels came ,

And they needed another,

The pristine wings will guide you,

Stay safe and help your brothers.