Behind The Lake (Phan)

I have just read a fanfiction and the author denied us a happy ending. So I decided that I would do the same to you. This is the long overdue one-shot for 1k reads.

Edit: I have no regrets.

Edit 2.0: Also I literally have a song called Happy Ending on my playlist and it's playing. 'Where's my happy ending? My happy ending!' it's by Nightcore if any of you want to check it out ;)

Edit 3.0: This isn't edited and is basically 3000 words.

See ya, Humans

-Marsh

-------------------

My first memory is of a park. It is quite a beautiful park that was filled with many beautiful things. There are many beautiful trees where different colored leafs where falling from. These trees surrounded a lake. This lake was amazing.

It was crystal clear and the sun reflected off the surface making it quite the sights. Many things were at the lake. Swans swam in the water, their pearl white feathers reflected off the surface. Another thing was the flowers that grew everywhere around it.

The flowers came in many colors. Some were purple while others were blue. There was even a patch that grew like a rainbow. If you looked there were rows of red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple and pink. You could only see these flowers if you cared enough to go to the hedge at the back of the lake.

Most people avoided it. I didn't, mainly because it seemed like an area that didn't get much love. So every evening I watered the plants. They even started to thrive but with the the leaves falling, their petals are to. This created a floor of rainbow petals.

If anyone went behind the hedge at the back of the lake they would see. They would see the 2nd most beautiful thing at the park that had ever existed.

------

My second vivid memory, besides watering the flowers. Is seeing the first person to ever see my area behind the hedge. Actually it was the first person to ever notice my presence in general.

One day a brown haired boy in a black sweater and some skinny jeans walked into the hedge from the path I have made.

On closer inspection I noticed his eyes. They were warm and full of excitement at seeing my flowers. The brown orbs were practically sparkling.

"Hello? I anybody here?" He asked. That was the first time I ever heard his voice and it was angelic. It wasn't particularly deep nor was it high. It also was a British accent, much like my own.

Snapping out of my train of thoughts I replied, "H-hi."

My voice was creaking and hoarse from not using it in so long.

After hearing my whispered reply he jumped and looked in my general direction. His eyes widen quite a bit when he saw me standing in the back corner of the little hedge, holding a watering bucket.

"Do you take care of these flowers?" He wondered out loud, and immediately blushed. He probably didn't want to voice his thoughts and sound rude, but what was done was done.

"Yeah I do..." I trailed off not knowing what to say. This was my first time talking to a person since I could remember.

"They look good! And the way they are arranged like a rainbow is really cool, but don't your parents help you?" He asked and I didn't know what to say.

So I said what question I had, "What are parents?"

He looked at me like I was insane, which I probably was.