Apple Hill [Surprise]

This is dedicated to WolfsEcho for supporting me. They are an awesome person, and you should go check 'em out :) and sorry that this is mostly focused on details. I just wanted to practice writing and ended up with a one-shot. Anyways enjoy!

The bright reds, yellows, and oranges of Autumn surrounded me. The leaves drifting through the wind, the trees becoming barren for Winter. I sat with my best friend on Apple Hill. We were watching the beautiful Autumn sun disappear, and the bright crescent moon start to shine overhead.

This sight is one that few see, and for me to share it with my best friend makes it 100 times better. The moonlight shines off of his pale skin almost making it sparkle. The moonlight added with a sparkle of happiness in his eyes made them more mesmerizing, a sight better than any before it.

His brown curls framed his face and made him even more adorable. Then his small smile that brought out his dimples and the little crinkles on the side of his eyes. To top it all off I could the warmth and sweat of his hands on mine. Our breaths mingling, his smelling like bubble gum.

I know this isn't what best friends do. I know. I know it but I still am doing it. If I'm honest with myself, I can tell you that I am afraid. I'm afraid that he will reject me. Yell at me, slap me, and above all else I worry he will stop being my friend. I guess you could say that it's my biggest fear but...

I get that he should hate me. I honestly can say with confidence that he should hate me, and it's because i'm even considering this. That I could imagine him ever leaving. that my fears and doubts are clouding my mind.

I take deep breath and just listen, taste, touch, smell, and feel the world around me. I feel the cool Autumn breeze that is carrying the leaves through the wind. I hear as the leaves crinkle as they hit the ground. I could touch his hands, and how that felt good to know. How he was still here. That he hadn't left me. Then there was the sweet smell of his cologne. A scent so familiar, a scent that calmed me down. I could taste my peppermint gum's (Because I was too cool for the mouth spray stuff XD) taste lingering in my mouth, even though I spit it out a while ago.

"You wanna know something?" He asked looking below us, at the forest of oranges, reds, and yellows. A little ways out there was a lake and the crescent moon reflecting off the surface, giving a certain glint in his eyes.

"Sure." I replied, my mouth reacting before I had a chance to think.

"I know everybody has heard of Apple Hill, yet nobody know why it's called that. You see there used to be an apple tree right where we're sitting. Well my grandpa knew about this apple tree because he used to go o journeys and he stumbled across it one day. Well you see this tree grew the best apples in the world according to him. So when he met my Grandma he had to give her a 'taste of heaven'.

Every mouth he found 1 creative way to give her an apple. Well before long they got married and had my dad. Around town they were referred to as the Apple Couple because my Grandpa charmed her with the magnificent apples. All too soon they died and were buried, and my parents decided to get the tree moved and replanted on top of their graves." He broke eye contact and started staring at the Autumn forest below us.

"I-I guess what I'm trying to say... This is my way of giving you an apple."

Suddenly the story made sense. His grandfather gave his lover an apple, and looking at the sunset and sitting together as the moon starts to appear. That is his way of giving me something to keep, and unlike apples these memories will last forever.

I shifted and turned towards him with a smile, and some stray tears on my cheeks. Ever so slowly he turned to look at me. We stared into each others eyes. His eyes showing the nervousness and fear of rejection he felt....just like me.

Yet again my body surprised me. My hand grabbed the back of his head and we kissed. It was unlike anything I had felt before it. His lips fit perfectly against mine, like a puzzle pieces. I could feel my heart going a 1,000 miles per second, but I didn't care. How could I? I was finally getting something so precious and it was all mine. All too soon he pulled away, and we were both gasping for air.

"I guess this is my way of accepting your offer, I'll take your apple Steven."

"Yeah, but it's not just my apple anymore. Right, Anthony?"

"Of course." I answered with a small smile as I stared into his beautiful eyes. Forehead to forehead, just staring into each other eyes, with he moon looming above us. I have a feeling it's gonna happen a lot more.

-----------

No editing, 900 words (or something like that). I LOVE ALL Y'ALL HUMANS AND JUST REMEMBER THAT!

See ya, Humans

~Marsh