Rich [Surprise]

We lay under the beautiful starry skies, his warm hand encasing mine. We sat in a comfortable silence just appreciating each others company. Honestly it is these times that I loved the most.

I sat up from my position, that was the crook of his neck. Then I looked into his beautiful eyes and smiled. Immediately he was smiling back and then he sat up. He grabbed my chin and pulled me into a kiss.

That night was one of passion, just like many others.

It was kinda routine at this point. Everyday he'd come over to my house and we'd cuddle and watch movies or play video games. Our nights were spent in blissful embraces. It was the best time of my life, every day rich with our love.

But, he soon started skipping days. At first he would just miss a day, but then he started missing 2 or 3 in a row. I wanted to question him but I was afraid. I was afraid that if I questioned it he would leave me all alone, and I didn't want to be alone.

Now he visits me once a week, sometimes once a month. And when he does visit we never do anything couple-like. Mainly because he always makes an excuse when we're gonna kiss or say my hand is to cold when I go to hold his. Heck, he refuses to go out in public with me any more.

Before I knew it I was almost always alone in my apartment. All I did was sulk until he came, then the process stared all over again. Then finally I decided I'd had enough and I told him that if we didn't do something together, anything together then we'd be through.

Needless to say he left me all alone, and for almost an entire month I couldn't function. I'd felt like my entire heart had been ripped out and if I wasn't under constant supervision I probably would've committed suicide.

Yet soon almost after a year I was back on my feet with a good job and I was content. Then of course he came crawling back to me, sobbing about how his boyfriend left him and pleaded for me to take him back.

I smiled at him, a solemn and sad smile. I then told him, "I have to wonder if you forgot that you did the exact same thing to me a year ago. You left me in this state, a sobbing mess and I wondered and wondered and wondered what I did wrong. What I could have possible done to have you lose interest. Then one of my friends told me something, something that I hold dear to my heart till this day.

She said, "Something very rich always has a chance of going bankrupt!" Believe it or not it was a somewhat of a joke to her but it made me realize that our love was rich. It was one of the richest things I have ever seen or contributed to, yet it was only a matter of time before we became bankrupt. But now that we both know the true feelings of being bankrupt, maybe then if we ever become rich again we'll know when we finally achieve true happiness."

I heard my name being called behind me, "Max, Max!" but I started to walk away from him. The man I was once so deeply in love with, the man whole stole my heart and managed to break it. I let one silent tear slip for Adam, but after that I decided that this would begin a new chapter in my life.