I Want To See My World [Phan]

Every Sunday I go to the library. It's like a tradition of mine, you could say. No matter what the circumstance is I end up at the library on Sunday, and while there I sit in a special seat in the back corner of the library so I don't have to interact with people.

So when I saw a black head of hair sitting in my seat I was pretty upset.

"Hey dude, can you get the fuck out of my seat?" I asked the boy.

"Oh, yeah." he replied and grabbed a cane that was leaning against his chair. He then felt around for another chair, that was right next to mine and sat down. He then proceeded to open his book and trail his fingers across the pages. It was Braille.

I sighed. So what if the kid was blind. He shouldn't be sitting in my fucking seat. Then again, he didn't really know that it was my seat...

"Hey, for future reference my seat is the most worn down. Also I don't care if you can't see just don't sit in my damn seat!" I told the man.

"Wow, okay I'll keep that in mind," he said and went back to reading and so did I. This continued for weeks and we started to actually conversations and realized that we had much in common.

So when he missed a day I was really worried to say the least. Phil, as I had learned his name, we had never exchanged phone numbers so I had no way of contacting him.

He showed the next week I was very happy and immediately asked for his number so I wouldn't worry all though out the week like I did. So I got his phone number and soon enough we were making calls back and forth.

I even got to go to his house. We cuddled and we shared our first kiss, which explained what both of us were to afraid to say out loud. In no time at all we got together, and we went on dates.

One day we'd walk through the park and just talk about anything that was going on in life. The next day we'd go to a fancy restaurant and have some amazing food. The day after we'd go on a picnic at the park.

Least to say we had a lot of fun.

3 years after we'd gotten together and engaged, Phil told me he wanted to get a procedure done so he could see me. He told me here was quite a slim chance of survival, so I said no.

I couldn't bare to lose Phil! He has become my world in these past few years and I would t give him up for he world! In the end, Phil convinced me... I don't remember how but he did and man was I glad.

A couple days after the surgery, Phil opened his eyes and saw his world. Dan was standing there. I could feel the tears silently falling down my face, and I could see the tears running down Phil's face as well.

So I grabbed his face between my hands and looked into his beautiful blue's eye, fully knowing that he could finally see me. I kissed the tears that were falling down his face and smiled. He could finally see the world after being surrounded in darkness for so long... I guess I could kinda relate.