Chapter 10 - The Date

The 4 and a half hour car ride home was the same as the ride here. Full of laughs, easy flowing conversations and dubstep. Occasionally, Dakota's hand would secretly slip into mine. The car ride seemed to go so quick. By the time I knew it, we were back at Dakota's. 

"I'll walk you to your cabin" Dakota came next to me as I grabbed my bag out of the car. 

"Okay" I replied. I was edgy about this. Wouldn't they suspect something? We started down the hill behind his house, and once we were out of earshot of the others, I spoke up.

"Won't they suspect something if you just randomly start walking me home?" I asked. 

"Nah, I walk everyone home and to the door and stuff. It's normal for me. I wanted some alone time with my girl anyway" he said slipping his hand into mine once again, and kissing my cheek.

"Dakota?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I at least tell Liam about us? He's my big brother and I tell him absolutely everything. We're really close and I go crazy if I don't tell him things."

"Of course" he replied. Thank God. Without Liam I'd be mentally insane. When he was away at college, he'd call me every Sunday so he could catch up on my week, and I could catch up on his. I've been telling him everything since there was things to tell. I told him about my first boyfriend, the first time I tried alcohol, and he always lets me vent when I'm having problems and is always there for me. He is literally my best friend. 

Dakota and I continued walking and stopped right before my cabin. 

"Bye babe, I'll see you tonight." Wait, what? We had plans for tonight?

"Okay Im gonna sound like a bad girlfriend already, but, we have plans for tonight?"

"Yes, but I didn't tell you till now, so you're not a bad girlfriend. Be at the dock at 8:15 sharp. That's all Im gonna tell you, the rest is a surprise" he said throwing in a wink. 

"Okay, 8:15, I'll be there" I said, making a mental note out loud. 

"Good, now I gotta go. I'll text you when I get home. See you later" Dakota said as he laid a soft kiss on my lips and went back up the hill. I ran into the cabin, extremely excited to tell Liam. I rushed in the door and looked around the living room and kitchen. Of course, Liam had his face in the fridge. 

"Hey Liam! I'm home!" He pulled his head out of the fridge.

"Oh hey kiddo! How was your night?"

"Amazing! I have to tell you all about!" 

"Sounds like a plan. Tell me later though, mom and dad are having a date night tonight, so it'll just be us. They won't be home for a while.

"That is just too perfect" I mumbled. Miraculously, Liam heard it. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. 

"I'll tell you later" I said, heading upstairs. I unpacked my things an decided to take a nap. This bed had never felt so comfortable. I immediately drifted off into sleep. 

I woke to my sun-filled room, and my covers sprawled everywhere. My alarm clock read 5:58. Perfect; enough time for me to tell Liam all about my night and to also get ready. Wait...I don't even know what to wear tonight! I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Dakota.

*Hey friendship, what should I wear tonight? Or am I not allowed to know the dress code ;P*

*Just wear normal clothes. Im not a Mr. Fancy-Pants ;). Maybe bring a sweatshirt though, it's supposed to get cold tonight.*