Chapter 8 - Hold Me Tight

I was caught by surprise for a moment. But then I realized, this is DAKOTA KISSING ME. I started kissing back. After a few moments, he pulled away.

"I'm sorry" he said turning away. "I just wanted to let you know how I feel, and I'm not so good with words, so I thought this would be the best way" he added, still with his back turned to me. 

"Don't be sorry" I said softly, as I layed my hand gently on his back. "I've honestly felt the same way. For 2 or 3 weeks now. I didn't think you'd feel the way I do."

"Well, I do" he said, turning to be face-to-face with me again. Our faces were still close to each other.

"This is such a cliche moment" I chuckled, staring into his eyes. 

"I know" he smirked. We sat in silence for a moment. "How's this gonna work though?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"It's July. You're gonna have to go home soon, back to New York. I wanna be with you, believe me, but we can't keep denying the fact that you're gonna be states away in a couple weeks." His voice cracked with sadness. 

"I know" I replied dropping my head. "But we obviously both like each other, so we can't walk around like nothing has happened, and like nothing is wrong." All these events made me completely forget that we were in the infirmary of an old abandoned asylum. However, that didn't really matter right now.

"So what can we do?" he said, his eyes gleaming with sadness under our flashlights. 

"I dont know" I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. He wrapped me up in his arms. The feeling was amazing. Being able to be warm on the chilly summer nights in his strong arms. I lowered my head and leaned it on his chest. I heard his heart beat. I cuddled myself closer to him. I wasn't leaving for another couple weeks, but I wanted to savor every single moment I could. 

"I wish I could do this forever" he said, clutching me a little tighter. 

"Maybe in a different scenery" I added, slightly killing the moment. His chest lifted up against me as he let out a little chuckle. 

"I know what we can do" he said softly after a moment.

"What?" I asked, I wanted to know if maybe this could work.

"I dont know if you're the type of person to be into it, but let's just enjoy the rest of your time in Minnesota. Together. We'll be together while you're still here, and then when you leave, if we really want to, we'll make it long distance. Even if not, we'll keep in touch. You still have weeks here, but I already know I don't wanna forget you." He still had me in his arms, and he laid a soft kiss on my head. 

"I'd love to spend the rest of my vacation with you" I said, lifting my head from his chest and looking into his chocolate brown eyes. He smiled. We decided to go out back to the big yard behind the asylum, noticing we'd spent almost 2 hours in the infirmary talking about this situation. We needed to get our feelings together. Dakota texted the guys to see where they were. Apparently they went throughout the whole place and found out that it was a bust. Nothing interesting. Most of them went to sleep in the car. 

"Will there be enough room for us to lay down in the car?" I asked Dakota.

"I have a better idea. Stay right here." Dakota went to the car and retrieved something from the back. As he made his way back and got closer, I realized it was a couple blankets. He spread out the big soft one on the ground. 

"We're away from the city and the lights, so let's sleep under the stars." I happily agreed and laid next to him. We stared at the stars for a little bit.

"Dakota?"

"Yesss" he responded.

"I just have one proposition about this little fling."

"What is it?" He looked confused.

"Hold me tight whenever you can, so I always remember how it feels to be in your arms."

"I was planning on it" he smiled, as he came closer to me and wrapped me tight in his arms.