House of Attics/House of Sneaks

"What's so bad about the mysterious attic anyways? It's just another room in a house." Sarah Rutter rolled her eyes at her overprotective parents, who thought that she and her brother, and the rest of the kids, should stay out the attic. "Just listen to us, okay!" Nina snapped.

Sarah and Robert jumped. "Nina." Fabian rubbed her arm. "I'm sorry. Just please don't. You don't know what you'll uncover." Nina gulped.

~~~~~~

"Which is exactly why we have to go in." Riley Miller talked back to her parents. "No you don't. All you need to do is get your education, and leave that ridiculous place. Trust me, you don't know how many times me, your mother, and your aunts and uncles have skipped class because we just had to go in the attic." Eddie said to his daughter.

"Then there's Charles." Patricia added. She rubbed her baby bump. "Who's Charles?" Eddie asked.

~~~~~~

"He's the new caretaker. I met him, and he is not a nice dude." Alfie replied. "How mean is he?" Rhys Lewis asked. "On a scale of one to ten, Victor." Amber answered. "That guy?" Rhys asked. "I saw a picture of him during the tour of Anubis. He has the scariest face. But the best facial hair." Leslie Lewis answered.

"He does doesn't he?" Amber giggled. "If you live there long enough, you will notice how creepy that house is." Alfie stated. Amber punched him.

~~~~~~~

"Creepy?" Duncan Campbell asked. "Anubis House is not creepy." Mick said. "Stop lying!" Mara exclaimed. "Fine, fine. Anubis House may be a little scary, but it has the best food." He revealed.

"The lady won't go all Hansel and Gretel on us and fatten us, right?" August Campbell asked. "No. She's not a lady, she's Trudy Rehmaan. The house lady."

"If you're a sportsman, Trudy will feed you what you need. Promise." Mara smiled.

~~~~~~

"So watch out for spiders, manipulative people, caretakers, and boyfriend/girlfriend stealers." Joy explained, as she got out the car with her children. "Got it." The three said in unison.

The three got a text from Riley.

Attic, midnight. Bring food. -R

"Who's that?" Jerome asked. "Riley. She's going through this torture too." Arielle Clarke replied. "It's not torture, it's guidance." Joy replied. Four more cars pulled up.

"You guys!" Joy and Jerome ran to hug their friends. Arielle and August smiled at each other. MacKenzie had a look of jealousy on your face. "I'm sorry." Riley apologized. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I know he doesn't have feelings for me anyways. And I'd never hurt my sister like that." MacKenzie gulped.

"Bye!" The parents waved goodbye to their children, hoping that they listened to them.

"You better hope you can swallow your feelings for August before she finds out. Or ever finds out you had them." MacKenzie hoped that too. But everytime she looked at them, she just felt like she was cheating on Arielle. When she saw them kiss, she walked in the house. All the kids gathered in the common room, where Charles Hannigan and Trudy stood.

"My name is Charles Hannigan, and I am your caretaker. I have three rules: One, never disobey me. Two, always be ready to go to sleep at 10:00. Three, you will never go in the attic or the cellar. It is forbidden. Trudy." Charles walked to his office.

"Don't worry about him, lovelies. Aw, don't you look exactly like your parents. I'll make you lunch."

"I got you something." August told his girlfriend, Arielle. MacKenzie glared. He took out a box, and she opened it. "A bracelet?" The letters spelled out August's.

"I can't believe you." Arielle smiled. When, just for a second, Arielle glanced at MacKenzie, she had saw her face.

During lunch, Leslie said she had to go. "Why?" Sarah asked. "Do you not know me? My psychic."

"You've got to stop seeing that woman. Madam Izzy isn't going to grant you anything but lies." Riley stated. "Oh really? When we were thirteen, and I went to her for the first time, she told me that someone I care dearly for was going to get the measles. You got the measles."

"A normal person would call that a coincidence." Jax chuckled. MacKenzie punched her brother. "Ouch!" Jax rubbed his arm. "I love that she has an open imagination." "Thank you. I'm late." Leslie skipped out.

~~~~~~~

Sarah was putting her stuff in her bedroom with her other roommate, Riley. "Do you really think this place is haunted?" Sarah suddenly wondered. "Do you believe Leslie about Madam Izzy?" Riley questioned. Sarah laughed, then tripped. She fell on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Riley asked. "I'll survive." Sarah stated. She began to get up, when she saw something small carved into her bed. "S-I-B-U-N-A. Sibuna." She whispered.

That was your mother's bed...

Sarah asked, "Did you say something?"

"Nothing." Riley answered. Sarah frowned, shrug it off, and started to unpack again.

~~~~~~~

"You know what sucks? That we have to share a room again." Arielle complained. "Yup." "Why can't this house have three bedrooms? One for two, another for two, then a single! As if I'm not cramped enough in my life."

"How does August deal with you?" MacKenzie muttered. "What was that?" Arielle asked. "I didn't say anything." MacKenzie lied. But Arielle heard her clearly.

Every word.

~~~~~~

Rhys was walking up the stairs to talk to the girls, when he heard Charles on the phone.

"You understand don't you?...you have the coins made...good...both of them are on it, so it's one or the other....most certainly...the girl seems annoying too...that accident was that, an accident!" Charles slammed his phone down in anger.

He has a stuffed black cat that he talked to, Shadow. "They don't understand, Shadow. They've never lost anyone they've ever loved all at once." He stopped talking to Shadow, and started to read.

Rhys widened his eyes.

~~~~~~~

Leslie walked into Madam Izzy's store. "Madam Izzy?"

Izzy appeared. "Leslie, my favorite person." Izzy stated. "What would you like to ask me?"

"So, I'm at this new school, and my friends and I live Anubis House. What will happen there?" Madam Izzy touched her oracle.

"You and your friends will go through many things...love, betrayal, mystery, distrust, death-"

"Death?" Madam Izzy's eyes turned black and her voice became dark.

"Five representations of his family will all die if he is to get what he wishes!"

Madam Izzy breaths, grabs her heart, and falls to the ground.

"Madam Izzy? Madam Izzy?"

•••••

Spooky! Man I miss writing stories!

What happened to Madam Izzy?

Will MacKenzie reveal her feelings for August?

What did Rhys just uncover?

Sibuna.