House of Answers/House of Time

"-97, 98, 99...100!" MacKenzie yelled.

Duncan ran back to MacKenzie. "How many laps was that, babes?" Duncan asked.

(Remember? That's what Mick used to call Amber. Or Mara.)

"Babes?" MacKenzie blushed. "Yeah. I hear my dad call my mum that all the time. Is that all right?"

MacKenzie bit her lip. "Yes." She leaned forward, but Duncan leaned back. "I'm sweaty." He chuckled. "I don't care." She smiled.

They both leaned forward, and the kiss lasted for a short amount of time, when they released. "So, how many laps?" Duncan repeated, laughter in his voice.

"100." MacKenzie answered. "Do you think I'm fast enough?" Duncan wondered.

"I don't really like to give opinions..." MacKenzie trailed off. "Come on, MacKenzie. It won't hurt." Duncan playfully pushed her.

"Okay. I used to race with Arielle when we were little. I was always faster than her. You run the same pace as Arielle. If I'm faster than you-"

"-Are you challenging me, Clarke?" Duncan chuckled. MacKenzie smirked. She picked up two cones and placed them where she was standing. She then, pointed to the cones down by the trees. And that was really far away.

"If I can beat you from here to there, then you have to do my dishes shift for the rest of the term." MacKenzie bet.

"Oh, you're no ordinary girlfriend, are you?" Duncan asked. "What can I say? I like to have fun. Headstart!" MacKenzie started running, catching Duncan off guard, when he started to catch up with her, too.

~~~~~~

"Next!" Leslie called out. "My name is Dougie, and I'm auditioning for Gaston. Hi, Leslie." Dougie greeted, dreamily. Robert glanced at her.

Every boy in the school thought Leslie was amazingly beautiful. Weird, but beautiful.

She always wore bracelets, she sometimes, but not always, put on makeup, and her long, flowing blondish-brown hair made her even more appealing to look at. Her father always told her what's on the inside matters, not outside, so Leslie never actually tried look pretty. It was just a trait she got from her mother.

Dougie had brought a blue book, and read the script, along with Leslie.

"Hello, Belle." He read. "Bonjour, Gaston." Leslie read.

Dougie opened the book. "Gaston, may I have my book back, please?"

"How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

"Well, some people use their imagination." Leslie looked up from the script, and looked at Dougie. He was really getting into the script.

"Belle," Dougie closed the book and threw it behind him, "It's about time you got your head out of those books and paid attention to more important things. Like me."

Leslie started clapping, along with Robert. "Excellent! You're it! You're Gaston." Leslie declared.

"Really?" Dougie asked. Leslie nodded. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Leslie Lewis!"

Dougie got off the stage, and gave Leslie a hug. "Aw, Dougie, you're welcome." The hug lasted for more than a second, and Leslie was trying to let go. Robert tried to help her out. "Okay, time to let go of her, Dougster." Robert chuckled.

Dougie took a whiff of Leslie's strawberry smelling hair. "Did you just sniff me?" Leslie asked.

"So, I'm gonna take off." Dougie ran away from the room.