House of Easiness/House of Cats

August returned to the house. He went upstairs, hoping to find Rhys with Sarah, so they can talk more about the Osirian, since with Sarah is where Rhys usually is.

When he came to the top, he looked inside of Charles's office. He gasped, and laughed at the same time.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" He yelped.

He walked inside of the office.

Tears of Gold you shall weep,
A grail for Egyptian emperors,
the trophy of the man who wasn't loved,
The water from the Nile River.
The blessing of the Chosen One.

It was all analyzed by Charles, with arrows and words pointing toward certain words.

August sighed, and stuffed it in his pocket. He looked over, and saw something more interesting.

It was a bottle holder for chemicals, and he saw a clear fluid in one of the holders.

He lifted it, and read the lable.

The water of the Nile River

"The final ingredient? This is w-aa-y too easy!"

August found a Ziploc bag, put the bottle in it, and stuffed it in his pocket.

When August was leaving, he bumped into someone.

"Oh, no." August sighed.

"What are you doing in here?" Charles asked.

"What am I doing here?" August chuckled. Charles pointed out his office. "Return to school. Ms. Marshall is holding detention in the biology lab."

"Detention?" August groaned.

Charles glared at him.

August exited.

Sarah and Rhys had exited the girls' corridor. "August? Where are you going?" Sarah asked.

"He called me a miscreant." August shook his head, and handed the riddle and the water of the Nile River to Sarah. "We'll try to put together the ingredients tomorrow night, yeah? I have detention. Sibuna?"

"Sibuna." Sarah and Rhys did the sign.

~~~~~
Arielle strolled through the halls at school.

She saw Mr. Pillars standing by the biology lab, where Ms. Marshall was holding detention.

She purposely tipped over a trash can. Mr. Pillars looked behind him.

"Ms. Clarke!" Mr. Pillars power walked over to her.

"I-I'm sorry, Mr. Pillars. I just wasn't paying attention-"

"-just stay after school for detention, and help the janitors clean this." Mr. Pillars pointed toward the lab.

Arielle walked past him. She secretly cheered to herself, knowing that she would get to see Duncan.

~~~~~

Jax was waiting in the clearing for Riley.

She finally showed. "Hey, why did you stay at school for so long?" Jax wondered.

"Well, I had ripped my test in half-on accident, of course-and I had to retake it." Riley lied.

"Aw, too bad. I really think I passed that test, though." Jax grinned.

"I believe you did." Riley smiled. "Really? I had my doubts at first, but-"

"Don't sweat it, Jax. You passed." Riley interlocked their hands.

"Did anyone ever tell how great of a girlfriend you are?" Jax asked. "No. But, I'd like to hear it."

"You're a great girlfriend."

Riley kissed Jax's cheek.

She bit her lip, and reminded herself that she couldn't let him find out that she cheated for him.

~~~~~~

Rhys signed out of the house.

"Hi, dearie," Trudy walked in, drying out a glass, "where are you headed today?"

"To visit my Uncle Eddie. I need to talk to him." Rhys answered. "About girls? Is it Sarah?" Trudy asked.

"Wha-no?! What would make you think that?" Rhys asked.

"Well, it's kind of obvious that you fancy her. Why don't you two go ahead and step out?"

"Because I don't think she'd want to 'step out' with me. All my life, all she's seen me is as her childish friend."

"Oh, dearie. You'll get the girl." Trudy assured. Rhys nodded, and left.

~~~~~

Jax was still walking to the house with Riley. They were approaching the house, when they heard something in the bushes. "Hey, I'll be right back."

Jax took off into the woods.

"Jax!"

When he looked into the bushes, he saw yellow eyes.

"Huh?" Jax asked.

"Meow," he heard.

A black cat stepped out from the bushes, and purred on Jax's leg.

"Meow. Meow."

"You must be hungry." Jax said. He rubbed the cat's head.

"You look really familiar." Jax took the cat's collar in his hands.

"Shadow. Nice name, for a black cat."

"Meow."

*****
Huh. Isn't it weird that the real live cat that Jax found in the woods has the same name as Charles's creepy stuffed one?

Discussion questions-

What will happened between Duncan and Arielle during detention-August included?

Will Jax keep the cat?

Will anything go wrong during the mixing of ingredients?

Sibuna.