House of Cheaters/House of Calls

As they walked into the foyer, Rhys looked across the hallway, and into the dining room. He saw no paper sticking out from the table legs.

"Oh, no." He gasped. "Oh, no, oh, no, oh, no!" He ran over to the table and searched for it.

"What is it?" Leslie wondered. "Rhys, what happened?" Sarah asked.

Rhys rubbed his face. "Um, you should never hand me the task to hide things." Rhys stepped back. "Take a look."

Leslie stepped forward. She looked between the table legs. Leslie widened her eyes. "You hid it in the table legs?"

"I thought it was clever!" Rhys scoffed. "What is it?" Jax asked. "After the storm, I asked Rhys to hide the riddle. He told me he hid in a place no one could find it." Leslie glared at him. She hit his arm.

"Ouch!" Rhys rubbed his arm. "When you told me you hid it where no one could find it, I'd thought you meant your sock drawer! Who wants to look in there?" Leslie shuddered.

"The riddle. It's gone." Rhys finally said. "Well, who took it?" Sarah wondered.

"Isn't it obvious?" Riley inquired. "Charles."

Everyone groaned.

~~~~~

Arielle and MacKenzie walked in together. "What are you doing here?" MacKenzie asked.

"Duncan lost." Arielle stated. "Uh, we had to go to the bathroom." August lied.

"All at once?"

The seven nodded. "You know, it seems like you guys have been hanging out together more than you ever used to." Arielle frowned.

"All ten of us used to be inseparable. What happened?" MacKenzie asked. Sibuna glanced between each other.

The door slammed. "Here it comes." MacKenzie bit her lip.

"Maybe we should tell them. I mean, Joy and Jerome were involved, too." Sarah whispered.

"No way. The less people involved, the better." Robert replied.

Sarah nodded.

Duncan stormed in the common room. He combed his hair with his hands.

"Did you see what happened out there? Someone tackled me. They cheated!" Duncan exclaimed.

MacKenzie and Arielle both stepped forward, trying to comfort him. But when Arielle realized what she was doing, she took a step back.

MacKenzie glanced at her, frowned, and shook it off. Duncan looked at Arielle.

"So, I have to tell you something." MacKenzie started off. Duncan nodded.

"They planned it."

"You knew?" Duncan asked. MacKenzie was about to say something, but Duncan cut her off. "Nevermind. But, I have physical proof that they cheated. Let's go, coach is still on field." Duncan held MacKenzie's hand.

"Wait." Robert stopped them. "The entire school knows that you two go out. Including the teachers. If you go to them with this, it'll look like you told MacKenzie to say this."

Duncan sighed, "He's right."

~~~~~

Sibuna departed.

"So, I realized something." August stopped them. "So, what have you guys always thought the riddle was for?"

"Uh," Sarah chuckled, "we never really discussed it."

"Well, I've been replaying the riddle in my head. Tears of gold, the Grail of Anubis, Nile River water, the trophy of the man who wasn't loved, the blessing of the Chosen One? They're all ingredients? Obviously, not the Grail of Anubis, but the rest!" August realized.

"You know, he may be right." Robert smiled.

Trudy rushed into the room. "Robert, Sarah. You have an important call." She lead them into the foyer.

Sarah picked up the phone.

"Hello...Mom...What's wrong?"

"What's going on?" Robert asked. The other kids gathered around them.

"She's sick again...we'll be ready in an hour." Sarah hung up the phone and wiped the tears off her face. "Hey, what's going on?" Leslie asked.

"You remember my mom's Gran? Our Great-Gran?"

They all nodded. "Well, she's sick. Really, really, sick. We have to go to America with our parents to take care of her. She's the only piece of family our mom has left." Sarah headed to her room, and Robert to his.

*****
And there's that chapter! Hey, can I ask you guys something? Should I stop putting all the kids in all the chapters? I know it makes my chapters long, and I'm glad about that, but I feel like my story is about to end because of it. There's this other writer, and she has more chapters than me, and her book has been out for two months! Mine has been out for...probably longer!

Does Arielle like Duncan?

Will Duncan find proof?

Will Sibuna get their riddle back?

Sibuna.