House of Election/House of Saviors

Sibuna was crowded over Sarah's bed. It was empty.

It had no comforter, her stuff was gone, and all she had left, was the Eye of Horus.

"Why isn't Rhys here?" Leslie asked. "His bed was already fixed." Robert told her. "We'd assumed he had left for school early." Jax finished.

"Why did Sarah leave?" Riley wondered. "Hey, a note." Arielle grabbed the post-it off the wall.

Hey, guys.
This is really hard for me to say, but I've decided to leave Anubis House in order to protect the ones I love. If Charles can't get to me, then he can't have the blessing of the Chosen One, and he can't resurrect anybody or have eternal life.

Love, Sarah

"She was trying to protect us." August said. "That's why she left."

~~~~~

Sarah sat in her room. Fabian knocked on the door. "Hey." He greeted.

"Hello." She greeted back, in a monotone voice.

Fabian sat on her bed. "Sarah, why are you here? Sibuna is back at Anubis House."

"In order to protect the ones I love, I have to get far away from them." Sarah explained.

"You sound like Nina, sixteen years ago." Fabian chuckled. Sarah looked up at him. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, no. Of course not. It means that you're going to make a wonderful Chosen One. Just like she was. By the way, any luck with finding her yet?"

"I don't know. I'm not there to help. But as my right-hand man, I'm sure that Robert will come up with something." Sarah looked down again, twiddling with her thumbs.

"You miss them."

"Of course I miss them."

Fabian put her hair back, and held her face in his hands. "Sarah. In order to protect the ones you love, you have to be with them to protect them. Nina learned that lesson a long time ago. And you should too."

"No, I can't. I can't physically be there with them because Charles might hurt one of them to get to me. I refuse to let him bring someone back from the dead."

~~~~~~

MacKenzie flat-ironed her hair. She put on her school uniform. She heard a very loud, ding!

"Yay, the cookies are done." She sang. She went downstairs. She ran into Duncan. "Hi, honey." She kissed his cheek. "Here you go, dearie. Fresh and hot from the oven." Trudy handed her the oven gloves first, then the plate of hot cookies. MacKenzie stared at them.

They were chocolate chip, with a purple icing 'M' in the middle. "I'm going to win."

~~~~~~

"Okay, Rhys isn't here at all and I've looked in all his favorite places. The cafeteria, the-well, that's it." Leslie told them.

"Rhys is missing as well?" Riley asked. "Not only that, but we still need to find Nina. She needs our help."

"Okay, uh, I have a plan. Riley and Leslie. Go out to the clearing. That's where Rebecca hides out, right?" Robert asked. "You think she is behind this?"

"Yes, I do. If the clearing is where Rebecca hides out, then one of you needs to become bait so when and if she asks you to go with her, the other can follow her. And if my theory is right, you can find a way to subdue Rebecca and save Nina. Sibuna?" Robert held his hand up.

"Sibuna."

Riley and Leslie took their bags and headed off to the clearing.

~~~~~~

Rhys woke up in bright daylight. He was tied up to a chair. When he looked at his surroundings, he realized he was on the roof of Anubis House. He looked it front of him, and saw the five family members that Charles was going to resurrect. He looked how high he was off the ground.

"Uh...I don't do heights." Rhys closed his eyes.

He heard something open and close. "Still asleep, aye? The affects of the sedative should've worn off by now." Rhys heard the voice, and recognized it immediately. Charles.

"I guess I can talk to you while you're still asleep." Charles shrugged, but Rhys couldn't see it. Rhys decided he would keep his eyes shut and listen to what Charles had to say.

"Soon, in 24 hours, I will have what I deserve. A family." He heard Charles sniffle.

"But, you are not only ransom. You are going to be the sacrifice. This is a resurrection situation so, in order to keep the balance, you have to die."

Rhys wanted to scream, but he couldn't.

"I have what I need to perform the ceremony and after I dump the Society, eternal life will belong to me and my family."

Charles put an hour glass on the roof. The sand began filling the empty part of the glass.

"You don't know how much it will pain me to do harm to you, boy. But, you are going to save my family, so, you are my savior."

~~~~~~

"-and I hope when you choose me, you know that I will bring not only strength, but harmony, love, and leadership to this school." MacKenzie finished. Everyone applauded.

"Okay, two great speeches. The runners for our School Representative are Scarlett Pinches and MacKenzie Clarke. May the voting begin." Ms. Marshall said.

Everyone crowded along the sides of the voting box.

Scarlett and MacKenzie faced each other. "Look, I'm sorry I trashed your cupcakes. I guess that was a little rude." Scarlett chuckled.

"A little?" MacKenzie asked. Scarlett frowned at her. "I accept your apology," MacKenzie said, keeping all seriousness on her face.

"And that little poem, uh, you know I didn't mean it right? I was just being mean and jealous."

MacKenzie was about to respond, when Ms. Marshall made an announcement.

"The votes are in! That was fast." Ms. Marshall laughed. "Oh, well it looks like Scarlett Pinches won the election!"

Scarlett gasped, and started to laugh of joy. "'About that poem, I didn't mean it'." MacKenzie mimicked. She scoffed. "Yeah right."

"MacKenzie, I swear-"

Before Scarlett could finish, MacKenzie ran out the room.

*****
The last chapter before I begin writing the finale. Are you ready yet?

Will Robert's plan work?

Will Sarah be able to stay away from Anubis House?

Can Rhys be saved?

Can Nina be saved?

Will Charles succeed?

Sibuna.